Question about promo photos...

Is it tacky to wear my old bands shirt in my new band's promo pictures?

• Yes.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
Jerry? Ok, never met you... last I spoke with Ansley...

Some other dudes were in the band.. I think Mike and Adam? Wouldnt know the names.. cant remember.. and no singer...

you're probably better off, bro... but, whatever.

if its your old band then go for it.
wearing your own bands shirt... ever. is a cardinal sin

Jerry? Ok, never met you... last I spoke with Ansley...

Some other dudes were in the band.. I think Mike and Adam? Wouldnt know the names.. cant remember.. and no singer...

you're probably better off, bro... but, whatever.

Yea, the lineup when I was in the band was as follows:

Me-Guitar
Ansley-Guitar
Mike - Vocals (for most of the time)
Matt - Vocals (last show)
Adam - Bass
Bryan - Drums

The lineup now is:

Tristan & Ansley - guitars
Mike - vocals (again)
Drew- Bass
Angel - Drums

if its your old band then go for it.
wearing your own bands shirt... ever. is a cardinal sin

With that statement is it safe to say that the tour bus accident was actually divine punishment?

02Decapitated.jpg

beauty3.jpg

On another note, i was thinking about this recently too. some bands wear just plain shirts or nothing music related and still manage to "pull off" the "cool" factor in the image:
rd_promo12454353.jpg

or
promo.jpg

or
967340621_l.jpg

i decided on plain shirts...and let my good looks sell those albums (pfft)
I see it as the cooler you have to dress the shitter the photographer is :p

Im actually shooting a pretty tricked out shot eventually... good friend of mine is a photographer... shot Fear Factory and what not back in the day.. so.... I get free shit =P.

Ill let you see it when its done, of course.

I think thinking too much about what you're gonna wear for photo shoots is lame. You should wear what you normally wear (except if you consider what you normally wear sucks, and if such is the case, there are 2 options :
-you have bad taste and you assume it
-you don't care )

EDIT: i forgot to mention the second exception which is that your band has a very specific imagery : pirate stuff for Gavin's band, weird costumes for Rammstein, etc

For instance the Suffocation picture is great because they don't try to look metal or something... THEY'RE METAL !!! I've always hated the pictures where the band members are all dressed the same way (same jean, same black shirt), it looks like they wear uniforms to go to school. Totally retarded. Trying to be something is retarded... Just be yourself...

im probably bumping up an old thread here, but ah well.

i think its awsome when bands dont wear brand/band shirts. it just makes them look..better? slightly more smart and not stuck in one stereotype?

check out august burns red:

l_a4d271a8c72cc0e9d7823fae8f5fdb3a.jpg

...then go listen to them. you'd expect to see them with their emo fringes, tight black jeans and $950 BAPE hoodies. instead they look like they're going skiing for the weekend. now thats :headbang:

im probably bumping up an old thread here, but ah well.

i think its awsome when bands dont wear brand/band shirts. it just makes them look..better? slightly more smart and not stuck in one stereotype?

check out august burns red:

l_a4d271a8c72cc0e9d7823fae8f5fdb3a.jpg

...then go listen to them. you'd expect to see them with their emo fringes, tight black jeans and $950 BAPE hoodies. instead they look like they're going skiing for the weekend. now thats :headbang:

Actually, between the striped shirt and the hair I still think they look like massive tools :loco:

striped shirt aint bad.. its that fucking hair though...

I just got done telling this kid the other day he has Meshuggah to thank for all these wank bands trying to be tech.

Except Meshuggah rules them and dont look like fags while doing it.

He specifically mentioned August Burns Red...

anyways.

want some cooler promos?

49650817.Nevermore2.jpg

darkane2005.jpg

soilwork.jpg

Soilwork.jpg

+1 on Egan's point.

I look at them in that picture and expect them to be really shitty scenexcore hipsters.

I listen to them and it removes any doubt I had about the previous assumption.

I see them live and remember why I usually miss the opening bands.

+1 on Egan's point.

I look at them in that picture and expect them to be really shitty scenexcore hipsters.

I seriously can't stop laughing. I keep thinking of all these captions like:

"We're totally going to get that Urban Outfitters endorsement now!"
or
"Do my blonde highlights say 'maudlin' to you dude?"
or
"I'm glad my girlfriend loaned me her peacoat for this shoot."
or
"I'm glad we saved our production budget and hired a stylist instead"
or
"I don't know what irony is but we're totally pulling it off right now."

etc.

In fairness they may be a great band and super cool guys-- I really have no idea.
That is why I've never been a fan of band photos-- b/c it seems so irrelevant.
I'm sure these guys could write a novel about how I look like a tool too.