Question about SSDs and DAW installation

Fluffbot

I like beef jerky.
Jun 11, 2014
Edmonton
www.silentlineofficial.com
So my friend is bringing me a 128GB SSD to spruce up my desktop. Currently I'm running everything on just a single middle-of-the-road 1TB HDD and I've been getting a lot of disk access warnings and errors, slow as shit playback and recording, etc.

My question is should I install the OS (windows 7) by itself on the SSD and install Pro Tools 11 on the HDD, or install both on the SSD and leave the HDD for sound libraries and data?

I tried searching for information but nothing specific came up. That or I'm just a technologically incompetent douche.

Thanks!

So my friend is bringing me a 128GB SSD to spruce up my desktop. Currently I'm running everything on just a single middle-of-the-road 1TB HDD and I've been getting a lot of disk access warnings and errors, slow as shit playback and recording, etc.

My question is should I install the OS (windows 7) by itself on the SSD and install Pro Tools 11 on the HDD, or install both on the SSD and leave the HDD for sound libraries and data?

I tried searching for information but nothing specific came up. That or I'm just a technologically incompetent douche.

Thanks!

Os7 and pro tools on ssd,on the hdd just audio,samples.If you have another hdd put the libraries there.

Yeah anything software/OS wise, onto the ssd it goes - with the exception of sample libraries. Example, install sampler onto ssd - its corresponding libraries onto HDD and just point to its directory.