Steven Slate Drums EX installation woes...

Oct 16, 2010
Uk
I'm having a lot of trouble getting this bloody thing to install...

I've run the installers for Kontakt and Slate drums, they seem to have installed fine.

Now with the 3 EX zip files... EX_001, EX_002 and EX_003, when I go to unzip EX_001 using WinRAR I get this come up

"! G:\SSD\EX_001.zip: Unexpected end of archive"

This is the second time I've tried downloading the file (which takes forever on my shitty connection!). I realise it sounds like not all of the files have downloaded but I just want to make sure that really is the case because it still seems to unzip anyway.

EX_002 and EX_003 don't throw up any such warnings. This is driving me mental, it's gonna be at least another night before I can use the bloody thing now.

Has anyone else had this and could anyone do me a huge favour please...

On the unzipped EX_001 archive I have:

Size: 1.83 GB (1,976,204,524 bytes)

Size on disk: 1.83 GB (1,976,205,312 bytes)

Is this correct?

Means the file didn't completely download. You have to download the sounds again. Sound like the download got cut off.

Ahhh for fuck's sake. I just checked my 2 Expansion packs too and they're doing the same thing. The only files that seem to have downloaded properly are the small ones which only take a short while to download.

Thanks for reply. I just wanted to make double sure I hadn't done something stupid.

My EX_001.zip is 2,097,989,687 bytes so I'm assuming you do not have the complete files. I'm afraid you are going to have to download it again.

My EX_001.zip is 2,097,989,687 bytes so I'm assuming you do not have the complete files. I'm afraid you are going to have to download it again.

Okay man. Thanks a lot for checking :)

I'll keep saying to myself "If I ordered a hard copy to be shipped, I still wouldn't have it right now anyway" :p

I remember I had some similar download problems from Slate's Drums too. I have a shitty connection speed and it was a pain for me to download such large files. I had to repeat the dl again and again until it worked totally.

Maybe you could use some sort of a download manager? I think the slate website advises that too.

Maybe you could use some sort of a download manager? I think the slate website advises that too.

Do you know how I'd go about doing that?

The trouble is the files are in one big chunk, so I can't just download the missing bits.

I'm downloading one at a time too, just in case that's causing any conflicts.

I also have my bro downloading the files at his house too, just in case it all goes wrong again!

Only 9 hours to go!!

Sorry to semi-hijack here, but does Slate have any plans to get a proper installer for these packages? I don't remember exactly what all was involved in downloading/installing the EX package (it's been a while), but I remember having problems throughout the process. I got it to work eventually, but hit several speed bumps in the process. Perhaps the physical copy in the mail has an installer? I don't know. But I remember being unimpressed and getting a very unprofessional vibe from that whole process.

Don't get me wrong. I love the product itself. Just wanted to see if others had similar issues?

Sorry to semi-hijack here, but does Slate have any plans to get a proper installer for these packages? I don't remember exactly what all was involved in downloading/installing the EX package (it's been a while), but I remember having problems throughout the process. I got it to work eventually, but hit several speed bumps in the process. Perhaps the physical copy in the mail has an installer? I don't know. But I remember being unimpressed and getting a very unprofessional vibe from that whole process.

Don't get me wrong. I love the product itself. Just wanted to see if others had similar issues?

It would seem the main problem people are having is that it doesn't create certain folders and doesn't mention that you have to create them so that's left a few people confused.

I have to say the instruction manual is pretty amateur with some atrocious spelling, but yeah, I'm VERY impressed with how it sounds and that's the main thing I guess.

Good question though... If the DVD copy has an installer on it, why do we have to go through all this on the downloads? It certainly could be easier, but there's plenty of info on the net to walk you through.

I'm not really sure, I've never personally used them, maybe something like this? http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Edit: I don't have SSD but the downloads for Trigger were ok, the different sets (snares, toms, kicks and deluxe) in different rars. The problem was downloading 800mb and 900mb files when I got some rather lacking speeds (like 150kb/s or whatever, I know I can do something like 600). But at least mine completed eventually :)

Install Kontakt Player, make SAMPLES folder, copy NKI's into it, register via the service center. Is that not in the manual?

here is a video about it:

Last edited by a moderator: