question about synths,keyboards...

Jan 22, 2006
hey guys!
i need help concerning software synthesizers etc...

i´m a real newbie when it comes to midi,sythesizers and stuff!
what i have is some freeware stuff and the synths that come along with cubase!

what i really don´t get:

what is HALION for example compared to the stuff that comes with cubase?!?
as far as i understand these software synthesizers they come along with sounds and an interface,sometimes with a virtual keyboard,sometimes not,right?!?

and what are really good and expensive plug in synths and what are affordable but good ones?!?

and what i don´t get is:if i buy a synth,do i buy the "sounds" only or does that include also an virtual instrument!?!

many questions!thanks for helping out!
cheers,pat

and what i don´t get is:if i buy a synth,do i buy the "sounds" only or does that include also an virtual instrument!?!

You control them with MIDI tracks. Pretty much all of them are VST-instruments (or similar like DXi, etc). Sample banks are a separate thing from synths. Sample banks are used through a *drumroll* sampler :) which is also controlled with MIDI.

cool,thanks!

and if MKIII is THE virtual guitar amp,and drumagog THE drumreplacer,what is THE synth plug in?!? ;-)

cheers,pat

cool,thanks!

and if MKIII is THE virtual guitar amp,and drumagog THE drumreplacer,what is THE synth plug in?!? ;-)

cheers,pat

There is no one synth plug to rule them all. It's all about having a big load of different instruments :) One for bass synths, one for leads, one for pads/choir, etc. Though I much enjoy reFX Nexus for a lot of stuff. Very nice sound quality and variety of banks. Not too expensive either :headbang: