Question about "Wicked"

Scourge of Amalek

Metal Ethnomusicologist
Aug 7, 2003
Little Rock, Arkansas
Visit site
In the chorus to the song "Wicked" off of The Odyssey, there seem to be two "voices" singing the "Burn, forever" lyric. In terms of intervals, how "far apart" are these voices? I thought they were seperated by fifths, but I can't figure it out. Any help is sincerely appreciated, as this has been bugging the blue hell out of me for a while.

Hi!

The Burn intervall is a third major (is it called like that in english?), and the for-ever intervalls are both fourths (?)

Burn For - Ever ---> high voice
A----Gb-----F-F

Burn For - Ever ---> low voice
F----Db-----C-C

I think that's it.
Cheerz,

Koncept Kosh

ummm i hope im reading this right cause
f - a is a major third i agree there
but then eb to f# is only a major 2nd
and d to f is a minor third i believe

Yeah you're right. I confused the tones, cause I have my guitar tuned down two steps, which makes that difficult for me to get the right notes from time to time. Anyway I corrected the notes in my post above. I hope now it's ok.
:oops: ---> sorry

ambassador kosh said:
Hi!

The Burn intervall is a third major (is it called like that in english?), and the for-ever intervalls are both fourths (?)

Burn For - Ever ---> high voice
A----Gb-----F-F

Burn For - Ever ---> low voice
F----Db-----C-C

I think that's it.
Cheerz,

Koncept Kosh

I'd look at the high line as the root. That makes the harmonies minor 6th, Perfect fifth, perfect 5th. traditionally makes more sense that way. If you want to see it as major 3rd, perfect 4th, perfect 4th however, same result. There is also different movement in the two. The top line goes up down and the low line goes down down. perfect 5ths give it that nice tibetan monks gregorian chant sort of feel.

yep , knew that cause of my awsome theory class

but where talking theory here so i thought id try to be correct as possible