Question for Aussie's: Schecter Dealers in Australia (Victoria)???

GuitarHack

Krank it UP!
Sep 3, 2006
Victoria, Australia
I am wanting to get a Schecter Hellraiser and have only found 2 places in Victoria that are dealers, Billy Hyde (not in stock til next month) and Deluxe Guitars http://www.deluxeguitars.com.au/deluxe_v4/index.htm but they only have black.

Any of you Aussies know any other dealers? I am after the Black Cherry (I think it's called), anyway it's the red one. :loco:

Another question, I want the Fixed Bridge model not FR so it is easier for alternate tunings which would mainly be variations of C and D. Any recommendations on string gauge?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers :) :kickass:

There is also Davis Music Center in Footscray. I bought my JSX there and they had Schecters at the time, with plans of getting more in (I haven't been there since, almost a year now). Maybe if you're not close you could give them a call: (03) 9689 2608. If you are close, or decide to go in and check all their stock, 27-35 Byron St, Footscray 3011.
Good luck.

AudioPhile777 thanks for string size info.

Neb thanks for that. I remember going into Davis Music Centre when they used to be in Russell Street I think it was (quite a few years ago, about 15 years maybe) and trying out the NEW Peavey Studio Chorus 212 and thinking it was awesome :lol: So i guess they are still Peavey dealers. I will give them a call, thanks.

I remember going into Davis Music Centre when they used to be in Russell Street I think it was (quite a few years ago, about 15 years maybe) and trying out the NEW Peavey Studio Chorus 212 and thinking it was awesome :lol: So i guess they are still Peavey dealers. I will give them a call, thanks.

Oh god...memory lane....There used to be 3 or 4 stores in a bunch together in Russell street before that area turned into Scag city. I bought my first fender at Davis in 1988.

Oh god...memory lane....There used to be 3 or 4 stores in a bunch together in Russell street before that area turned into Scag city. I bought my first fender at Davis in 1988.

Yeah, I definitely remember 2 almost side by side (one being Davis). There are many more than 3 or 4 options for shopping on Russell Street now though ...............................for drugs that is :lol: . What a dodgy area. Any time I go to the big-smoke I avoid that area like the plague. I am glad you remember those shops as well, I am not alone in feeling old. Although I am sure I used to be able play guitar better back then. :erk: I wish i could remember. :lol:

Try Shane over at bmusic.com.au

guitarsatbmusic.com.au/forum

He is the best person to go to for ESP/Schecter/Caparison...

He is in Adelaide but'd probably give you a better price shipped than those other stores...

poidaobi

Thanks for that dude. I hadn't heard of that store before. I will give them a call. Their advertised price is pretty close to RRP so I wonder what he will do it for. Thanks again. Appreciated.

Yeah Neb it would be good to try before I buy, but if the price is right I will consider it. It gets rave reviews here and all over the web. So hopefully I can't go wrong.

Thanks again for the info guys. Much appreciated. :kickass:

If you want a rough idea of what it plays like, just pop into Deluxe and play it there (if you havent already). I went in plenty of times before I bought anythnig from them.
Though, i do hate when you play a few of the same guitar and they don't all feel as similar as you would have thought.

I bought my Hellraiser from Guitars & Things in Frankston. Pretty good guys over there, they even snatched one of the few that were imported into the country at the time, mainly because I'd asked for it.

Once I heard those EMGs crossed with a pure mahogany guitar, I knew I'd found a life partner.

I bought my Hellraiser from Guitars & Things in Frankston. Pretty good guys over there, they even snatched one of the few that were imported into the country at the time, mainly because I'd asked for it.

Once I heard those EMGs crossed with a pure mahogany guitar, I knew I'd found a life partner.

Thanks for the info Moonlapse. The Black Cherry version has a quilted Maple Top, whereas the Black does not. From a product description:

"BODY: Mahogany (Quilted Maple top on BCH version)"

How much of a tone difference do you think that there would be between the two of them, if any?

The Maple will give a slightly brighter sound. Not in a bad or overbearing way though. The Gloss Black Hellraiser (like Moonly's) is a bit dark, well, IMO.
Still a killer guitar either way.

It might be a little brighter. There would be little overall difference, so I'd say to just go with your choice in aesthetic. I wish they made a version with easier reach up the higher frets though. It gets to be a bit of a struggle on the last 3.

Like Neb said, it's a pretty dark sounding guitar overall. I mean pure mahogany (minus the rosewood fretboard) crossed with pickups very similar to the EMG 85 gets you a very full-bodied sound. I actually like it that way because I prefer to track guitars sounding dark, then boost the highs afterwards in mixing. That way you don't get the nasty shit you tend to get with turning the treble and presence knobs on amps up.

It might be a little brighter. There would be little overall difference, so I'd say to just go with your choice in aesthetic. I wish they made a version with easier reach up the higher frets though. It gets to be a bit of a struggle on the last 3.

Like Neb said, it's a pretty dark sounding guitar overall. I mean pure mahogany (minus the rosewood fretboard) crossed with pickups very similar to the EMG 85 gets you a very full-bodied sound. I actually like it that way because I prefer to track guitars sounding dark, then boost the highs afterwards in mixing. That way you don't get the nasty shit you tend to get with turning the treble and presence knobs on amps up.

Neb, Moonlapse, thanks for the insight. Interesting stuff there Moonlapse (bold/underlined) that might help me get rid of the fizzies. Will have to try it out.

Thanks again. :kickass:

Davis Music @ Footscray is super cool

Troy music @ Footscray were selling Bill Lawrence XL-500L as an interesting side note.......not that I actually like or endorse Troy or Billy Hydes in any way shape or form