Question for bjorn or John

this is Bjorn. Hows it goin... Anyways, I use the 7 string D'Addario set. Top sting is a 56 guage, and I throw away the extra 7th string. so its 13-56. I don't really remember what the guages are inbetween. On GWC, we used a blend of amps (line 6, mesa boogie, soldano), so what you hear is not a pod sound.

This time around (for our new album) we will be using a Line 6 Pod XT and a Mesa TriAxis.

Bjorn, ah this is off topic but I feel an urge to ask anyway. Do you by any chance have Norwegian or Swedish roots? Your first name is sooo damn Scandinavian..

Ok, this has been a common question for me on the AIM. For HELPING THE WORLD TO SEE, I downloaded the Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier sound off the PODXT website.

It sounds razor clear, and there are labeled just that, the pod didnt come with any good settings off the batt. Concider yourself lucky to tweak the settings by yourself to get a good tone.

We dont have the GWC actual settings saved from the pod pro, since that was the studios pod pro. As bjorn metnioned the layering of amps help to. (Fact: On Testament-The Gathering album and LOW album 8 amps were used...)

My string gauge that I use, is the D'Dario blue pack 9-54's Rumor has it we will be using a TriAxis pre amp as well combining it with the Podxt sound.

Bjorn is American/Philopino.

Filipino/Spanish/Russian/Polish/etc... I'm a damn mutt. But anyways, I do not have any Scandinavian blood. My parents just so happened to like the name. I guess there was a big tennis star with the same name (Bjorn Borg), at the time I was born (1978). I guess I was destined to play metal with a name like that. Coincidence???

Björn Borg hahaha guess I'm not the only victim here as my grandma keeps telling me how much I look like him. Too bad he's dumb as a door. And Polacks rule, almost as much as we Danes.