Hey John and Bjorn

sycronized decapitations

New Metal Member
Sep 8, 2003
Hendersonville, NC
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out how to get like a Deeds of Flesh or Origin kinda guitar sound out of my Pod Pro. I'm wanting something thats clean and crisp with lots of gain, good for playing really fast and technical stuff, but still having a good low end. Any idea on what settings I should run?

my setup is"

Line 6 Pod Pro 2.0
Peavey Classic 50/50 tube power amp
TubeWorks 4x12
Washburn Rs-10v with an EMG 85 in the bridge

Thanks alot guys

sycronized decapitations said:
any help at all anyone?
I've lent my pod to one of my guitarists, so it is hard for me to give you a good response...

I found using the insane amp setting, with gain at about 3 o'clock, highs and bass up at about 4'oclock and mids down at 9 o'clock worked best for me.

But that might not be the kind of guitar sound you're going for. Do you know what amps Origin and Deeds use? That would be a good starting point.

Origin uses

Mesa Engineering 4x12 recto cabinet
Mesa Simul2: Ninety Stereo power amp
Mesa Formula pre-amp
Aphex C3 aural exciter
Deeds of Flesh I've seen pics of them on tour using a Line 6 Head, and a rack of other stuff, and also using a Marshall head with the Rack setup, Couldnt tell what was in the rack though

sycronized decapitations said:
Origin uses

Mesa Engineering 4x12 recto cabinet
Mesa Simul2: Ninety Stereo power amp
Mesa Formula pre-amp
Aphex C3 aural exciter
Deeds of Flesh I've seen pics of them on tour using a Line 6 Head, and a rack of other stuff, and also using a Marshall head with the Rack setup, Couldnt tell what was in the rack though
Well, then you're obviously going to want to go with the rectifier amp model, then... and the rectifier 4X12 cab modeler as well. Then just fiddle around with the eqs, gain and such until you get a tone you want. Really, it should take you all of 10 minutes to get something akin to what you want...

TheEvilJudsus said:
I found using the insane amp setting, with gain at about 3 o'clock, highs and bass up at about 4'oclock and mids down at 9 o'clock worked best for me.
QUOTE]

I tried those settings and like that tone, and I've almost got the Origin setting figured out. Thanks for the help guys. Cant wait for Helping the World to see to come out. Bjorn do you guys have any more demos for it?