Question for Chris about Betcha Cant Play This

Advent1

Feb 19, 2006
usa
Hey,

When I'm playing Figure 1, I'm having some pain in my wrist from the long stretches and pull off/hammer on parts, especially in bars 7 and 8. I can play it okay, but I have to sort of turn my wrist to be able to stretch my hand far enough to reach the notes.

Do you do any specific exercises to warm up for long stretches like this?

I'm really enjoying learning these exercises, thanks for the inspiration to be a better guitar player. :)

-Matt

abcdefg said:
Hey,

When I'm playing Figure 1, I'm having some pain in my wrist from the long stretches and pull off/hammer on parts, especially in bars 7 and 8. I can play it okay, but I have to sort of turn my wrist to be able to stretch my hand far enough to reach the notes.

Do you do any specific exercises to warm up for long stretches like this?

I'm really enjoying learning these exercises, thanks for the inspiration to be a better guitar player. :)

-Matt
Hey Matt,

Unfortinatly because of the size of the stretch you will have some bend in your wrist. If you are having pain definitly give it a rest and stretch your limbs out.

Hope this helps a little,
Chris.

Okay thanks, I'm going to take a break from practicing that one,

Does anyone have some other licks (with tab) that are similar to those posted in the Betcha Can't Play This? Or any other good exercises with arpeggios or string skipping? Thanks.

I did have string skipping somewhere, give me a little bit to find them.

What level guitarist are you? I am guessing you're not a beginner, but let me know anyway.