Question For Chris... Marshalls?

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
I was looking at the pics from the priest tour today and all i see on stage are marshall JVM's. What happened to the Engl's?

Comparatively, I like the JVM more myself, Did Dave get you to convert, or is it just that they are more the "Megadeth" sound?

JVMs are great sounding amps. I got to mess with one for a little bit and it is definitely more of a meatier, punchier amp than what they've been releasing the last dozen years or so.

The last thing I read about Priest's gear (this was a few months ago) was that Glenn was using the E 580 preamp with the E850 tube poweramp. If so, you would never see that from the stage in a rack. I guess you could if you were right there but at big shows it would be tough, plus it sure would not look impressive!! Glenn has been a "rack guy" for a long time with his Marshall JMP-1 pre and Marshall 9100 poweramp. Him giving Engl's top of the line preamp a try makes sense, it's a big upgrade from the JMP preamp which is not bad but it does have a bit of a dated sound since it's been around a bit. Also, I read that KK is using JVMs so THOSE would look a lot more classic and METAL being on stage right? :headbang: That's just what I read and who knows, maybe KK told Glenn to ditch the rack and join the party. (I still am a rack guy at heart!)

I still prefer my Invader. It just has that sound I really like, not quite "british" and not quite "American"... I guess..just German. :loco:

I'd love to know what they're using to record with from a nerdy gear junkie view. We're all assuming the JVM but with Sneap at the helm I bet he's reamping whatever he can and using whatever sounds fit the best. Someone here even said it was all direct anyway. And uh... regardless of all of this, with players of THIS quality the tone is all in the fingers! I have no doubt Dave and Chris would both sound incredible through a Gorilla amp!