Question for Chris

SlaytallicaDethrax

Rattlehead
Nov 29, 2011
Arizona
Chris, you are great, man! What a shredder! I'm looking forward to seeing you with Megadeth for the 4th time for Gigantour! Maybe you could help me out please?

I'm doing a Heavy Metal research project, and I would really appreciate if you could give some insight! If you could just answer a question, or as many of these as you would like to, I would be very grateful!

1. Who are some of your main influences as a guitarist and who were the bands who had major influence on A) Jag Panzer and B) Megadeth?

2. What are the defining characteristics of metal? What makes it unique?

3. In your opinion, who was the first heavy metal band? Also, who was the first thrash metal band?

Thanks a lot Chris! Keep rocking \m/

Chris,

I saw an interview with you recently, you were talking about an apparatus you developed called the pick lip (might have gotten the name incorrect).
Reason I'm asking is; I injured the wrist on my picking hand several years ago, every now and then when I've been playing for an extended period of time the muscles, coupled with scar tissue in my wrist start to build slightly and pinch my artery, resulting in a slightly numb thumb tip. When this happens the pick starts to spin around or fall out of my grip. I was thinking this pick holder you've developed might help with my problem. Let me know if you have them for sale, I'd like to try one out.

Thanks! I'm from Colorado as well!

Hi Chris. After watching Public enemy no.1 I have one question:
What was a harder task – learning to play Marty Friedman’s solos or playing poker with a monkey?
Just kidding. You’re an amazing guitar player and I wish Megadeth would be coming to Sweden (not on Big 4) so I could get to see your talents!
Just saw on this forum that you'd be joining forces with Alex Skolnick. Really cool. Not really a Testament fan, but his awesome and I like his Trio as well.