Question for Dan about metal solo projects

Naglfar

As Naglfar devours us all
Since you're likely not going to release any more Edge of Sanity efforts, some of my friends and I were wondering if you'll ever release more material like Moontower or Edge of Sanity itself. While most of us thoroughly enjoy your non-metal efforts (especially Nightingale), many of us, like myself, are of a heavier persuasion musically and would love to see some more of the compelling metal material you have produced so far.

Cheers.

I believe he's referring to more Dan-fronted metal material, rather than Dan in the background or on drums.

If I remember correctly Dan said that he intended to do a Moontower II. But you got to wait a couple of years at least....
And you have the new Bloodbath soon, 4 songs entirely written by Dan and he plays guitar on all tracks....
Don't think he'll stop making metal yet....

Im still waiting for Dan to tour the US with ANY OF HIS PROJECTS. I love all of his music, and wan't to experience atleast one of them live, but haven't had the chance to yet. If I could pick, it would either be Moontower or Nightingale, followed by Ribspreader and Odyssey.

Ah, damn. That's a long time span. :)

I do like the Bloodbath stuff, but I think it's rather tragic that no more Edge-like material will be released, considering how goddamn good Crimson II is. Although, a Moontower II would be equally awesome, but I hope it's sooner than in the next 5 years or so.

And to echo some of the comments people have made in this thread, you definitely must come to the US and play sometime. I go to school in upstate New York, and would gladly make the 5 hour trip to NYC or Boston (or anywhere on the east coast, for that matter) to see you perform.

i put some headphones on the other night, dimmed the lights, and dove into Moontower for the millionth time. its relentless from beginning to end. dan has a gift in making different kinds of music, death metal is definetly one of his biggest strengths.

a follow up would be a pinnacle