Question for Dan the Man...

Jan 6, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Dan, have you ever considered putting together a collection of songs spanning your career and numerous projects..... consisting of rarities and demos and maybe guest appearances or something of the sort? Only problem I see with this collection, is that it may end up being a 15 disc set! (Not really a problem... I'd buy one!) Any thoughts?

Good idea, but id it imagine it would rather expensive for such a cult artiste as Dan.

It would also be a tough listen, too, considering the degree of styles he's been involved in. It would be hard to find a listenable flow that could please everyone. Not everyone that loves Nightingale like Edge Of Sanity, you know?

I do think it's about time for a Nightingale rarities album! =)

both above statements present very good points.

Also, it would probably be one HELL of a task to get the rights for all of the songs from all of the different bands and projects...

I just thought it would be a cool idea to have some of the rarer stuff. Like I mentioned before, some of the guest appearances.... all together, in one place. Not something that is likely to happen, I know... but would be cool :loco:

The thought have crossed my mind. But the record industry is a bit fucked a.t.m. I had some initial discussions with Vic records about a massive boxset. But since most of the stuff that would be in there was once available for free download at swano.com (R.I.P.) I think the idea is shelved and I will focus on restoring and releasing what´s really good there in another form. Vic is about to release the Total Terror album/demo. I have remixed the album and remastrered the demo.

I just have one question,

when will VIC records actually start releasing anything?
The list of "I want" records is getting longer and longer by the minute, but not a word on release dates from the firm!

well... time will tell.... i guess

Dan Swanö;6501368 said:
The thought have crossed my mind. But the record industry is a bit fucked a.t.m. I had some initial discussions with Vic records about a massive boxset. But since most of the stuff that would be in there was once available for free download at swano.com (R.I.P.) I think the idea is shelved and I will focus on restoring and releasing what´s really good there in another form. Vic is about to release the Total Terror album/demo. I have remixed the album and remastrered the demo.

Dan, get off Vic, get off Blackmark, get onto a big label where you'll make some money. Vic has been way too slow doing anything, I wouldn't even bother with them. Blackmark is great in that you can do whatever you want to when you want to, but their distribution sucks!

ok heres another question for Dan.In an old interview in sweden rock magazine,you said that you were going to appear on a concept album by clive nolan,was that project cancelled or is it something you plan to do?

no,matter of fact it wasn´t crimson II..the interview was made after the recording of that album.
He said in the interview that he was going to play the role of frankenstein.