Dan has finished mixing the new Novembers Doom

Apr 24, 2002
Chicago, Illinois
www.novembersdoom.com
NOVEMBER 25th, 2004

MIXING COMPLETE...
We are happy to announce that the mixing process with the amazing Dan Swano is now complete. Dan worked many long days and nights to make sure we were 100% happy with the final product, offering several versions of each song. We could not be more pleased with this entire process. Dan is one of the hardest working people in metal, and he treated Novembers Doom as if it were one of his own projects. We have a great deal of respect for him, and our eternal gratitude for making this as perfect as it is. Swano fans won't be disappointed either, as there is a guest appearance on the CD from him.

The recordings will now be shipped to James Murphy (Death, Obituary, Testament) for mastering. With some of the great CD's we've heard James do, this should be an absolutely amazing sounding CD, and we're looking forward to everyone hearing it!

Artwork, a newly designed website, and some possible samples will all be revealed in the very near future!

I love Novembers Doom and I fucking love Dan Swano!!!!!! What kind of a guest appearance did he do on the record? Vox? Guitars? Both?

The Knowing was awesome... look forward to the new one, Paul.

Novembers Paul said:
Dan does an amazing guitar solo on a song called "Dark World Burden." It sort of has a death rock Edge of Sanity feel to it. :)

Dan rules.

Shit, this sounds fun :)
Can't wait to hear it. You're gonna spoil us with a teaser, right?

paul, i'm not sure if you're musical styles are necessarily compatible in a live setting, but i'd love to see a gig with my two favorite chicago bands on the bill, november's doom and pelican. :D

Naglfar - We don't play locally often. When we do, it's at the more high profile shows. We played House of Blues with Opeth and Amorphis, with Moonspell and Lacuna Coil... We also did a fun show with Ion Vein and 12th Gate at a Prog-power fest. We have nothing planned locally right now, but we will shortly!

S4R - I've never heard Pelican. What style are they?

Novembers Paul said:
Naglfar - We don't play locally often. When we do, it's at the more high profile shows. We played House of Blues with Opeth and Amorphis, with Moonspell and Lacuna Coil... We also did a fun show with Ion Vein and 12th Gate at a Prog-power fest. We have nothing planned locally right now, but we will shortly!

That's a shame. I saw Amorphis play with Moonspell a while back in the House of Blues (Covenant opened, in their awful Maryln Mansonesque Kovenant form).

What about East Coast tours? I'm in upstate NY now, I'd make a trip to NYC or Boston if you guys tour there. Maybe you can get Dan and Nightingale to come with you guys (HINT HINT).

Novembers Paul said:
S4R - I've never heard Pelican. What style are they?
A gloomy/droning guitar driven instrumental metal. Not quite doom in my opinion, but I guess some might say it's doomy at times.

Naglfar said:
That's a shame. I saw Amorphis play with Moonspell a while back in the House of Blues (Covenant opened, in their awful Maryln Mansonesque Kovenant form).

What about East Coast tours? I'm in upstate NY now, I'd make a trip to NYC or Boston if you guys tour there. Maybe you can get Dan and Nightingale to come with you guys (HINT HINT).

We did an East Coast tour in February of this year, with The Gathering, and Agalloch. We are planning on touring in early 2005, so we'll be back near you.

I would love to go out with Nightingale! Maybe we can convince Dan and the guys to come here to do it? :D

Ethelion said:
Novembers Paul - I got my hands on a promo CD called "Reflecting In Grey Dusk". Is this the album you were talking about? Can't find any title called "Dark World Burden" though...

No, that CD was a rare promotional item we gave away on tour this year. It's just a comp of songs from all our CD's. The first track is a demo version of the new CD, and was re-recorded. The new CD is called "The Pale Haunt Departure" and has a US release date of March 9th, so it should be availabe through The End Records a bit sooner.

Just so you all know, I'm pissed cuz I didn't make it to any of ND's shows, so I do not have a copy of that promo. Maybe I'll get something better or as good with my entry to the ND giveaway...

it was great fun to master such a well mixed album. Cheers Dan! :headbang:

well witten and performed i might add. the album's been in constant rotation in my iPod since i finished the mastering.