Question for Jonas or Anders

Markus B.

Jun 6, 2002
germany
www.autumnblaze.de
I might be wrong but I see similarities between David Lynch's movies, series (especially Twin Peaks) in some of your lyrics and pictures, especially on Brave Murder Day and Discouraged Ones.
If the connections are not conscious, maybe some subtle influences?

i think that i had also such suspicions,i hadn't seen the whole Twin Peaks,but the opening-melody of Endtime is somehow very related to the favorite melody in Twin Peaks,they contain unexplainedly coherent feelings..

You could be right, Epistel. I really think that these are just subtle influences, not conscious.
It would be interesting though if Jonas saw Twin Peaks in his childhood.
I guess a lot of people in our age (between 25 and 30) saw Twin Peaks when they were between 10 and 15 years old.

what kind of similarities do you see?

I remember watching twin peaks when i was a teen-ager, but i really forgot everything....
I think david lynch 's films are too absurd and complicated for me...
IMO most of the similarities between kata lyrics and films, books etc. are not intended, but it's nice to find some, it's something that happens quite often while analyzing a book/poem/film etc.

There's a dark, sinister atmosphere under the surface of Twin Peaks. All the people there have some really scary secrets.

Where I see similarities? Maybe Katatonia has kind of the same darkness and a similar view upon the world.
I also see similarities in some pictures, for example the "stairs" picture on the backside of "Discouraged Ones".

Anyway, it's definately worth looking Twin Peaks again and again and again.

again and again? well, i slightly remember what it was all about, but i think, i'd like to "try" the whole story once again on me, had pretty crazy and fucked up dreams after watching it every time back then, i was at age of 13 or 14 i guess.
i still remember this evil spirit having pernicious influence on many people and that weird connetciotn between dream and reality.
yes, i think there could be some parallel to the "stairs" picture, Markus.