Question for Mikael (or anyone who can answer it)

Mantraschism

Skáld
Oct 23, 2002
Augusta, GA (Lost in the Twilight Hall)
the only my arms your hearse shirt ive seen has the band on the back, and thats official one, who gives a fuck anyway?

deliverance said:
ehh, i see where he's coming from, i like official stuff as well. i dunno that it's official, i mean the opeth logo is half on the photo, and half above it haha...
yeah it looks a bit dodgy aye, i guess its nice to have official stuff, but when the price equals something over $40, official things dont seem overly fantastic anymore :erk: ERRRRk!

i think Nick actually made those shirts in his basement. he made like 12 of them so it's probably pretty rare.

That actually looks completely fake. The logo is off, usually they dont write the album title in huge letters... its usually a line from a song on the album. However, that is an older album so maybe they did it differently back then. My guess is bootleg though.

I appreciate your replies, but they all sound like speculation. I've seen lots of band shirts where the logo was partially on the photo and partially off (I'm wearing one right now, actually -- the new Bloodbath shirt). Also, there's nothing fishy to me about it having the album name on the back. The 'In the Nightside Eclipse' (Emperor) shirt just has the album name written on the back, for example.

I asked this same question on the Katatonia forum, and Deliverance6 (THE Katatonia collector and trusted source on musical merch) said that he doubted it was original since it has never been worn, but then again the seller has high positive feedback and a lot of other very rare stuff for sale that are not bootlegs, so it could still be the real deal. I'm gonna put my money on that, and hope I was right.

Not that it matters anyway; I've already bought the shirt. =\

Thanks again for your replies.

It's completely official since i have the same one and i bought it, i don't know, 4 or 5 years ago...maybe not when the album had been released but it's official...

I've got the long sleeve version of that shirt. Only difference is the colours are much brighter and the left arm has the Opeth logo running down it, and the right has Candlelight. Although it looks great, I've also been curious to know if it's official or not.

there was a similar shirt when the album was released, but it featured a full color silk screen on the front, and proper alignment etc. This one you show here is a 3 color silkscreen (low budget) job, and therefore fake. Its close in style, but lacks the detail, color amount and arrangement and as i previously stated...the alignment is a bit off. Oh well, its still an opeth shirt on some level.

Well, I'm thinking that it could just be the way the shirt is laid out that makes the front image look off. And the camera could be to blame for the sub-par colors. At least, that's what I'm hoping. I guess I'll just have to see when I get it. Thanks for your replies everyone.

Mantraschism said:
Well, I'm thinking that it could just be the way the shirt is laid out that makes the front image look off. And the camera could be to blame for the sub-par colors. At least, that's what I'm hoping. I guess I'll just have to see when I get it. Thanks for your replies everyone.

no, apparently you werent listening. its a BOOTLEG. as in, unofficial...or not original...or not legit.