question for ron from israel

kfir26

New Metal Member
Jan 30, 2007
i heard you r coming to israel with marty
me and my friends are wondering what kind of stuff will you play here?
thank you for coming!

Reactions: progmetaldan
^ Welcome mate! I see that was your first post, welcome to the forum...

I'm not Ron, and I'm not sure whether they're going to Israel or not, but wherever they're going I'm pretty sure they're just playing Marty's solo stuff, from across his solo career... Ron is playing backup guitars for Marty... It'd be cool if they played Ron's stuff, but I don't think they are...

Marty emailed me a few days ago and said that Israel may happen after the Germany, France, Holland, UK, and Italy dates. The last gig right now is April 10 in Rome. If Israel happens it will be right after that.

The material that we are playing is all from Marty's solo CDs (no Cacophany, Megadeth, Spastic Ink, etc...) The parts that I play are what I call 2nd guitar parts (some songs are mostly rhythm, others have lots of lead harmonies).

Ron

LOL! You guys need to contact Marty about that. I'm already bugging him about taking it to Japan. I've also brought up numerous times getting on G3.

Ron

LOL! You guys need to contact Marty about that. I'm already bugging him about taking it to Japan. I've also brought up numerous times getting on G3.

Ron

Good work, keep bugging! Hey maybe you could get us his private mobile number of something... :p :lol: Also, about him getting on G3 or about you getting on G3??? Either would be great, though for this year they've got Paul Gilbert, so that should be great! :headbang:

EDIT: In all seriousness, what would be the best way to contact someone in regards to looking into getting Marty Friedman to come somewhere as part of the tour???

I've been bugging Marty to get us on G3 for years and it still hasn't happened. I guess we're getting closer though because Jeremy Colson (Steve Vai's drummer) will be with us on this European trek. Also, on Marty's latest solo CD, Vai and Petrucci are playing guest solos. AND! Marty and Paul Gilbert have worked together on Japanese TV. Hmmm... Maybe it is a possibility! OR! maybe not. Who knows...

Ron

It'd be awesome for you guys to be apart of it... Maybe G308: Petrucci, Gilbert % Friedman (w/Jarzombek) wouldn't that be awesome! I think Satch should move on now... At least they're well aware of Marty now, and obviously you'd be able to go with him. It would be awesome if Vai was still apart of it with Tony MacAlpine. Then it would be like G7 or 8 or 10...

Oh well, good luck with the tour Ron, and hope to see you in Australia in the not too distant future...

good luck with the tour ron, I think I'll meet you in Aschaffenburg I'm trying damn hard. Maybe we'll see somewhere else because I do not know where I will live then cause I'll go to the university (finally) yeah!
anyway I'm the guy with the super rock 1990 T-shirt.
Wow that is gonna be like the coolest thing ever...me seeing friedman jarzombek (what about a solo album called JAWSombek with a freaky jaws theme as the first song?)

Grr i wanna guitar-battle you ron Grr :D

Anyway G3 would be nice, hm i think Marty had some vision about G3 in which he accidently played all guitar-parts wrong and people started to throw vegetables and dog-food on him....

Ron, I remember reading in an old interview or forum post that G3 was not for you. What changed your mind about it?

The material that we are playing is all from Marty's solo CDs (no Cacophany, Megadeth, Spastic Ink, etc...) The parts that I play are what I call 2nd guitar parts (some songs are mostly rhythm, others have lots of lead harmonies).
Ron

If you play Saturation Point, I'll buy the whole band a few beers! My favourite Marty song by a long shot. Do you happen to know what Atma Anur is up to these days? That guy was one of the hottest drummers of the late 80s and early 90s. Anyone got any ideas what he's up to these days? I love that guy!