another question for ron from an old fan

slayve

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2005
san antonio
hey ron, i was a huge fan of your old band, slayer. the music scene was so awesome back then and a lot of shows were just legendary, especially at the old villa fontana, with bands like slayer, wyzard, watchtower, karian, etc. and there were so many great musicians. i am a HUGE spastic ink fan and i really have fun trying to "dissect" what scales you use and what you do ryhthmically and harmonically. your stuff to me, is like a huge guitar lesson, it really challenges the listener and it makes me want to play my guitar all day. i want to tell everyone reading this too, that having known ron for quite a few years you will never run into a more cool and down to earth person. which to me, makes his music even better because i can't tell you how many "great" musicians i've met who turned out to be assholes. anyway, on to my question. i've kind of followed everyone's music career from your old band, slayer, like don with pitbull daycare, dave with machinehead, bob catlin with psuedo budda and other stuff, oh and art villareall too. i love his guitar playing on the old karian demo. whatever happened to steve cooper? after the riot/narita thing i never heard anything else musically from him. do you still talk to him? any chance of a slayer reunion? well, anyway thanks for all the great music throughout the years. me and my friends consider you the best guitarist we have ever had the pleasure of hearing, bar none. that inlcudes, vai, patrucci, yngwie, satriani, etc.

later.