Question for Sara

But while we're on a thread of Maidens' history, I'm a little curious...
Who's idea was it to start the Iron Maidens, and how many of you knew each other before forming the band?
(My apologies if y'all have been asked this question zillions of times, but, dammit, enquiring minds do want to know.)

i answered a recycler ad for a touring guitarist. turned out to be replacing the adrian smith in a cooed maiden trib called wrathchild. our old singer came over my house to audition me and commented on how i was more suited for davey. during this same two week time, linda and jojo were looking for musicians and came to see our old singer sing some maiden. they networked, and i fell into the mix. that was spring 2001. a year later wanda joined - and here's some trivia w/in some trivia. back in the 80z, my original band bandit stole wanda's drummer from her band hot pursuit. i remember watching her play and thinking "holy shit that bass looks huge on her!" hahha wanda keeps promising to play the old vids for us but i'm still waiting!

just to clarify - ehhehe - you mean by my picking hand? like woven in the strings? that's never happened. but if it's still for too long, sometimes it lays over the strings and frets em out. flying hair does get stuck in my headstock and that hurts pulling it out - probably cuz i wait for a pause in picking and yank it out.
hey, you know what really hurts AND gets in the way of my playing? not seeing the mic beyond my hair and moshing my head into it! i do that trick the most! ahhaha!

I meant anywhere really! Ouch, that sounds kinda sore!!! Hahaha, Jim's never captured you smacking into the mic yet but that sounds sore too!! :lol: Thanks for answering!! :D

hey those are all pretty technical - perhpas that is your forte'!

hehe maybe so, but Adrian's solos make sense to me, they always have, even though sometimes I can't quite follow where he is going on the fretboard... I have a general idea where he is what I hear him doing, and I just throw in a couple of notes to make it sound a little different...

I think the only solo I could follow of Dave's was Moonchild, he is so free-flowing its hard as hell to ape his style... speaking of that song I need to get the intro chords down... I love the hell out of that song!