question for the geetar playa's (heh..I'm down)

well, what we usually do is just record our riffs on a computer program called Cool Edit. from there we just arrange. If I'm not too lazy, I might make some drum tracks using a program called Fruity Loops. Then I'll just do all the bass/guitar tracks at home. I'll burn that shit on CD, give it to Nathan, and he'll write lyrics it. Then, BAM! we gotta song

Originally posted by FuckYouIWantToDie
well, what we usually do is just record our riffs on a computer program called Cool Edit. from there we just arrange. If I'm not too lazy, I might make some drum tracks using a program called Fruity Loops. Then I'll just do all the bass/guitar tracks at home. I'll burn that shit on CD, give it to Nathan, and he'll write lyrics it. Then, BAM! we gotta song

If only it were that easy for everybody... For me, it's...
I make a song, I show it to the band, everybody but bassist goes, hell yeah... that's sick. Bassist says, "what in the hell is that?" I'd be like, "It's the greatest song ever. It's in D minor" Then he say, "what in the hell is D minor?!" And I say, "do dis..." and he say, "don't tell me what to do!"

After a few fists and broken noses we finally agree on what to do... :cry:

Its all about the computer shit, using technology, thats what it is fucking made for!!! I give mad props to the ledgendary bands b4 the computer break through with their writing skills and burden by using cassete tape..or analog reals.

you mix the drums on fruity loops, then just place the notes on the grid. Its real easy. Then I turn the drum tracks to a wave, and put them on Cool Edit. Then record the guitar and mix that in. Turns out pretty good. I sampled the kick from GWC, and use that same sound in fruity loops. I haven't been able to do it recently though, since I had to reformat my computer, and I lost that program :(

I generally write one song all the way through, including structure, on one guitar. Then, I record this guitar track. After that, I basically just fiddle around over each riff until I come up with an accompanyment I think sounds good. Then, I record the other guitar. Then I burn it on cd-r and show it to the band and they say "I like this" or "this part sucks" and we fine tune it. I use Cool Edit Pro as well.

The guitar pro, is an essential tool for tabbing out our songs im going to take a look at it, it would be nice to get some Vehemence tabs from both albums up on the website, since about 20 people asked so far for tabs. The submit them to all the other tabs sites out there.

Actually, I started tabbing out "I Didn't Kill Her" tonight by ear because I was too damn impatient. So far I have the first 2 and a half minutes done - Riff 1, the Solo over Riff 1, Riff 2a and Riff 2b for both guitars.

Dude just think how long it will take us crazy fans to tab this shit out given that none of us actually "know" how to play the songs to begin with. :p Plus, some of these songs are DAMN long...you crazy, crazy bastards. Why oh why would you add a sound-byte to a song that's already over 8 minutes long? You'll never get on TRL that way!

Well, while I'm pretty sure I'm about 99% correct note-wise and fingering-wise so far, I still have like 6 minutes left don't I? Heh. I think we'd all love you guys to death if you could help us out.

deathmetalrules said:
Actually, I started tabbing out "I Didn't Kill Her" tonight by ear because I was too damn impatient. So far I have the first 2 and a half minutes done - Riff 1, the Solo over Riff 1, Riff 2a and Riff 2b for both guitars.

Dude just think how long it will take us crazy fans to tab this shit out given that none of us actually "know" how to play the songs to begin with. :p Plus, some of these songs are DAMN long...you crazy, crazy bastards. Why oh why would you add a sound-byte to a song that's already over 8 minutes long? You'll never get on TRL that way!

Well, while I'm pretty sure I'm about 99% correct note-wise and fingering-wise so far, I still have like 6 minutes left don't I? Heh. I think we'd all love you guys to death if you could help us out.

Who would be so kind as to show me the tablature for that solo??? :)

Hey John, are you using a tablature program to do the tabs? I'm using TabIt to make tabs for my bassist and rythm guitarist, but the bends and slides and stuff don't work... It eats...