Question for Vintersorg

The Heart of Winter said:
This may have been asked before: What kind of drum machine did you use on your earlier albums?
No drum machine was used..it was sampled drums and a sequencer program...

mr V

Oh wow thats interesting! That must have been a frustrating method though.. all drum machines/programming etc. are painful in my opinion hah

Marksveld said:
Oh wow thats interesting! That must have been a frustrating method though.. all drum machines/programming etc. are painful in my opinion hah

they're not painful for me..it's actually very funny and I do programming for all songs now days as well, but we delete it when the real drums comes in..I do it to give the drummer a guide line of what the original thoughts for each part were....

mr V

Vintersorg said:
they're not painful for me..it's actually very funny and I do programming for all songs now days as well, but we delete it when the real drums comes in..I do it to give the drummer a guide line of what the original thoughts for each part were....

mr V
That's really interesting. I hate programming drums at all. I never really got the hang of it. It is so time consuming. I have a Yamaha QY10 sequencer and it doesn't have alot of memory and the drum sounds are really "synth-y." I need to get something where I can store files and also get a drum module for better drum sounds.

What do you use for your drum sounds?

I've got a question: how do you decide which songs should be written in English and which should be written in Swedish?

Mormagil said:
I've got a question: how do you decide which songs should be written in English and which should be written in Swedish?

It comes very natural..I never really think about it...it's just there so to speak!

mr V

LOL.......I now realize that's a computer prgramme of some sort.
When I first read the question I was wondering if Vampyrian was seriously asking for Andreas' breakfast habits now as Fruity Loops are a Kellogg's cereal if I remember correctly :D :rolleyes:

Vampyrian said:
tried Fruity loops mr. V?

Yes, but personally I don't really like it..and not Sonar, Live, Magix, Soundscape..etc..either. The Programs I/We use is Cubase SXII, Logics and Nuendo to some extention, and ProTools of course...and zillions of sofware samplers and synths...Fx..etc

Gaunerin said:
LOL.......I now realize that's a computer prgramme of some sort.
When I first read the question I was wondering if Vampyrian was seriously asking for Andreas' breakfast habits now as Fruity Loops are a Kellogg's cereal if I remember correctly :D :rolleyes:
hehehehe now thats funny :)

Question for Mr. V: Can you forgive me for not liking Visions from the Spiral Generator the first time I heard it, as long as I realized that it's an excellent album? :D

Mormagil said:
Question for Mr. V: Can you forgive me for not liking Visions from the Spiral Generator the first time I heard it, as long as I realized that it's an excellent album? :D
of course......as long as you like it now...hehehehehehehehe...seriously, music is personal and if people like our albums, perfect! if they don't..well, it's not much we can do about it, and want to do about it either.

mr V