Question for you old-timers

rabies

Proud IMG Guitarist!
Apr 16, 2001
Maryland USA
Visit site
For those of you who have been with the IMG since day one. Which song was the first to be complete with vocals? Holy Smoke or Running Free?

2nd Question: Which vocal version of Holy Smoke came out first, 7ths or Nefilims? Or were they at the same time?

3rd Question: Which version of Running free came out first? 7ths or Jims?

Originally posted by rabies
For those of you who have been with the IMG since day one. Which song was the first to be complete with vocals? Holy Smoke or Running Free?

Holy Smoke, I think. :cool:

2nd Question: Which vocal version of Holy Smoke came out first, 7ths or Nefilims? Or were they at the same time?

7th's, I think.

3rd Question: Which version of Running free came out first? 7ths or Jims?

Jim's, I think.

Notice my complete lack of commitment and trust in my memory... (I think, I think, ;) ) :lol:

My memory's the same EC!!

I'm pretty sure that the vocals for Holy Smoke were done after Running Free?

Definately 7ths version of Holy Smoke came out first and I'm pretty sure it was Jim's version of Running Free first as well :)

Thanks guys,
Next question (and this will help you out for you part 2 Virus).

In which order were these three songs complete?
Rime of The Ancient Mariner
Alexander The Great
Charlotte The Harlot

All three were released about the same time...in the November timeframe of 2000...right when I joined.

That's a tricky one!! Erm...

I seem to remember Rime being the first "Epic" we did, I'm pretty sure that was the first of them all...

After that I think it went Charlotte then Alexander but I'm really not 100% about that! :confused: EC! Help! :D

Originally posted by Virus
My memory's the same EC!!

I'm pretty sure that the vocals for Holy Smoke were done after Running Free?

Definately 7ths version of Holy Smoke came out first and I'm pretty sure it was Jim's version of Running Free first as well :)

so you are saying the first vocal recording for the IMG ever was Jim's version of Running free? Put those brains in overdrive. This is a pretty important question. Everybody knows that EC laid the first Bass track for the IMG, and Virus laid the first guitar track for the IMG, and Gambler laid the first drum track...but who came first on vocals? 7th, Nefilim or Jim?

I think I am... Let me think this through, we did Holy Smoke instrumental first and I'm 99% certain that vocals for that one were an after thought which narrows it to either Jim or 7th...

I was at work when I heard Running Free for the first time and the voice was............................... Jim...... I think! Sorry Rabs, it's been a long time! I'm 80% certain it's Jim but don't take my word for it :)

so you are saying the first vocal recording for the IMG ever was Jim's version of Running free? Put those brains in overdrive. This is a pretty important question. Everybody knows that EC laid the first Bass track for the IMG, and Virus laid the first guitar track for the IMG, and Gambler laid the first drum track...but who came first on vocals? 7th, Nefilim or Jim?

I think 7thSon recorded "Holy Smoke" first.

GAH!

You old timers are driving me nuts!! :lol:
...acting just like old-timers too..with the forgetting and all!

Medsy, hopefully you'll read this. You should be able to settle one debate. Did you finish Rime or Alexander first?

7th, Do you know if your vocal track was the very first?

GAH!

You old timers are driving me nuts!! :lol:
...acting just like old-timers too..with the forgetting and all!

Medsy, hopefully you'll read this. You should be able to settle one debate. Did you finish Rime or Alexander first?

7th, Do you know if your vocal track was the very first?

:lol:

I'm 99% sure that Alexander was finished before Rime. They were both being done at the same time, but Rime took longer due to it's longer length. They recorded it in sections, which like I said, took longer.