Question to Chickinson (Metallica related)

The final word and reposted again so you'll read, learn and hopefully understand:

"I sold out long before you ever heard my name. I sold my soul to make a record, Dip Shit, and you bought one. All you read and wear or see and hear on TV is a product begging for your fatass dirty dollar so...shut up and buy my new record. Send more money. Fuck you, buddy." --Maynard James Keenan Hooker with a Penis

Learn it, live it, love it!

Here is a song from Pantera's "Power Metal" album called "Rock the World"

I don't care what anyone says this is some great Heavy Metal music. Its not as heavy as the later Pantera albums but still is awesome. And anyone that says Phil Anselmo couldn't hit any high notes is proven wrong. Pantera is a heavy metal band and will always be

www.coldarmy.com/misc/pantera-rocktheworld.mp3 (pantera "rock the world" mp3)

Are you kidding? It sounds like Queensryche's Warning era material, but not as good!

I think Principal Skinner said it best: "Awful! Simply awful!"

Oh, c'mon, you guys didn't dig the Casio electronic drum sound on Pantera's first four (pre-Cowboys) albums? What about their first singer's GREAT IMMORTAL band "Lord Tracy"? Was that not the pinnacle of rock n roll forever when he said "See ya later babe I'm goin' out with the boys"? Pantera could never hold a candle to that!!!!!

Uh....I'm kidding of course. I have to go puke blood now.

I wouldn't say it was "Awful", but its definitely not great. Its pretty contrived actually. Its all good. Its part of the evolution of Pantera. I mean....even I have written some stuff which was really lame. I consider myself a better songwriter these days, but who knows.

I thought this thread was about Metallica and Maiden??? LOL:hotjump:

Bruce Chickinson said:
I have a hard time digesting the fact that so many die hard metal fans have animosity toward bands that change their sound/ style over time. You have to respect Maiden and Metallica always just for being who they are in music history and for what they have done.
I like bands that change their sound a bit, as long as it sound good :D
Something maiden did gradually, albums after albums, and something metallica did brutally. All in all, it's all for the better in my opinion but it worked better for maiden :worship:

ok ok
maybe metallica is still awesome but hey,it aint no Cliff Burton metallica music.
Ever since he died,the band went from ok to...lets say worst. ...And justice for all,aaaaah good times...black album,lets not make any commentaries,then the load/reload,please its time we find a way to resurrect the dead (BRING MY CLIFF BACK) and finally,the cream of the shit,St-Anger...WHERE THE **** DID YOU PUT THOSE SOLOS???????????IN CLIFFS GRAVE?????????????
I mean,I loved metallica for the lyrics,but sometimes,you need to learn to shut up and let the guitars do the talking...looks like James Hetfield is a little too much self-confident since that rehab shit,man drink something,you need it,bad...

bottoms up James!

When Dave Mustaine was first let out of rehab back in 1990, he wrote and recorded Rust In Piece, widely considered Megadeth's best album. It was only this album that it was witnessed by outsiders that Dave was completely sober for. Only one other Megadeth album can hold up to that album (Peace Sells) and Dave was doing all kinds of heroin and drinking at that point.

Hetfield wrote lyrics and music for Metallica for at least 6 great albums and wasn't sober. Reload sucked balls and the material that made it onto that album didn't make it onto Load for a reason (It was crap!). Ain't Anger sucks AND blows and no amount of alcohol is going to help that piece of shit. It was the only album of 2003 that was worse than Dance of Death.

Frank Zappa released about 35 albums (more or less) of great music in his lifetime and never drank or did drugs. He was, in fact, against drugs. (Find a copy of Baby Snakes, now on DVD and you'll see him when people offer him joints tell them, "That stuff is very bad for you. Put it away.")

What does this prove? It proves that if you're doing drugs and drinking and are still creative, you are doing this in spite of the drugs that you are using. Being sober allows you the ability to focus on what you're doing. The drugs never contributed to your, or anyone else's, creativity. The only thing that they will do is lessen your chances of survival by dulling your senses and take your money out of your pocket and put it into someone else's. I can think of better ways to spend my money than buying drugs or, now, alcohol.

it is true,there are better ways to spend money on alcohol or drugs (which I actually don't take) but,to take alcohol doesn't mean to go drink as much beer your body can take.Well,now that Ive slept for 5 hours,and that I have my full mental capacities,I must say that what I said is rather...let's say a bit extremist...(but you have to say though that none of the albums made by metallica are as good as the Cliff years(that means ''the drunk years''))

...And Justice For All is still just as good as any of the material that they've done with Cliff. Other than one spoken lyric contribution by James which was written by Cliff, there's no writing from Cliff on it.

Who do you think you're talking to?
I'm no metallica fan,im a fanatic!
I know in justice that cliff was dead for about two years(died in 1986-Justice came out in 88),I mean't that aside from the Cliff years,the only ''real'' good metallica album was justice