Question

Silent Bob

Minimal Expression Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
Hey I just discovered Enchant when I got a CD sampler with the
new SB. I really like Sinking Sand, I was wondering does the bass
player use a Chapman Stick? Some of the songs I have heard really
sounds like it. That or he is really good at tapping.

cheers :Smug:

Silent Bob said:
Hey I just discovered Enchant when I got a CD sampler with the
new SB. I really like Sinking Sand, I was wondering does the bass
player use a Chapman Stick? Some of the songs I have heard really
sounds like it. That or he is really good at tapping.

cheers :Smug:

Based on a previous post, no, Ed doesn't play a Stick! But yes, his tapping is top notch!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100747

Hey, btw, are you the same Silent Bob from another band's board??? Specifically, one that is closed right now?

You're right -- Sinking Sand totally kicks ass!!

Cheers!

mgirishfan said:
Based on a previous post, no, Ed doesn't play a Stick! But yes, his tapping is top notch!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100747

Hey, btw, are you the same Silent Bob from another band's board??? Specifically, one that is closed right now?

You're right -- Sinking Sand totally kicks ass!!

Cheers!

Thanks for the info, I mainly post over at DT.net in the bass players forum. Hopefully I will be able to find the new Enchant today, I really
hate having to buy online with the whole shipping time thing.

Cheers

Silent Bob

Hey thats a Kubicki Factor Bass and is indeed tapping. Thank you for the props, you too Mare :) always, but the part is more of a feeling than anything all that difficult.

You can hear simuler parts in the intro of Under Fire off Blink and then again on Tug in Holding the Wind in the middle section. The tap in Under Fire is the one that is brutal :)

I have not yet used a stick on any recordings but may have to do that if I get my hands on one.

I will have to check out that bass players forem over on the DT site. Actually John is a very big influence of mine and I learned and was inspired so much watching that man sidestage very night we toured with them in 97! His taps and everything else he does is simply amazing!

Hey Tug of War should be in the stores next week! hopefully no delays this time!

Wow a Factor Bass I hear they are good for tapping
Stu Hamm use to play one.

I'm gonna order Tug and Blink today today. Its pretty
hard to get good music here in Atlanta.

cheers

Silent Bob said:
Thanks for the info, I mainly post over at DT.net in the bass players forum. Hopefully I will be able to find the new Enchant today, I really
hate having to buy online with the whole shipping time thing.

Cheers

Hey S. Bob - Cool! I wasn't actually thinking of DT though --- I'm thinking of a dude I met in April, 2001 at the TGIFriday's in Old Bridge, NJ before the Savatage show that night at Birch Hill....I was with a big group of people...outside before we went in to sit down....his name was Silent Bob....was that you or are there really two Silent Bobs out there?

Cheers back!

ebass said:
and then again on Tug in Holding the Wind in the middle section.

Hi Ed, you're killing me.....! Gotta hear that whole tune!!!!! :hotjump:

Cheers to you too!
supergrin.gif

mgirishfan said:
Hey S. Bob - Cool! I wasn't actually thinking of DT though --- I'm thinking of a dude I met in April, 2001 at the TGIFriday's in Old Bridge, NJ before the Savatage show that night at Birch Hill....I was with a big group of people...outside before we went in to sit down....his name was Silent Bob....was that you or are there really two Silent Bobs out there?

Cheers back!

Hi Ed, you're killing me.....! Gotta hear that whole tune!!!!! :hotjump:

Cheers to you too!
supergrin.gif

It wasn't me I'm down here in Ga. I guess there are many Silent
Bobs out there WE ARE MANY :tickled::tickled::loco: