Question???????

Mischievous

Jun 24, 2002
Sweden
When did you start to listen metal music??????? and why?????:)
I started to listen metal music when I was 12 years old.......I mean, 12 years ago.
Why?????? Because my brother had a friend who was a heavy metal fan, and when he was in my home they listenned Iron Maiden, old Metallica, Judas Priest, and all that stuff..... so I listened whit them.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

i start before year and something because
i dont know why i just did it, i was listen to nu metal almost 5 years now and 1 day i just wanted METAL :)
so now i can't stop listen to metal and everyone happy:D

First time I met metal was in 1993 (Age 15).
A friend of mine put on some music he thought I'd like, and I did.
He let me listen to old Metallica(Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning), Amorphis(Tales From The Thousend Lakes) and Ministry(Psalm 69). Since then I was hooked until 1998 (Age 20).
From 1998 to 2001 I didn't listen to any new bands in the metal genre(except nu-metal) i did occasionally listen to the cds that I had.
After I left my sporting-team (Age 22) I had more time at my disposal so I went back to listening music. Not long thereafter I found out that, if I was going to listen to music, it'd better be good music. Therefore I got myself reacquainted with metal.

I started in early 98 with "the Gathering"
liked it and had a friend who was into metal so I borrowed some CDs from him and liked it more
it's going to be 5 years soon,time goes by quickly when you listen to metal
:lol:

I was about 13/14 I think. I heard the violin intro to "Thinking Allowed" by Skyclad. It was on a tape that i recorded off the radio and i didn't get to hear the whole song so i had to buy it! After buying that album (Jonahs Ark) I went a bit mad and spent all my money on metal cds. I never really bought the mainstream stuff though, I always went for the more obscure bands (underground stuff mainly) cos I wanted to be different to everyone else. I am so glad I did!! :D

I was 12 when I first heard Van Halen's 1984, which initially got me hooked on heavier music, followed shortly thereafter by Twisted Sister, Helix, and Iron Maiden. I liked it for the heaviness, the guitar, the sense of humor in some of the videos, the "rebellious" attitudes.

Ja ja ja.... Twisted Sisters had a very important place in my music staff at the beginning. Very good remembers......:D

I started in the fourth grade I suppose. 10 yrs.old 12 yrs. ago.
My cousin was living in our house because he had problems with his parents. He listened to King diamond, Rainbow, Maiden etc. I thought that WOW what great music... Taste got heavier by the years and so on...

My Real Experience with metal started This Year, although I have been listening to Metallica and Tool For quit a while. I was fed up with the music i was hearing here in America, polluted by pop and Hard-Rock Clones. So to quench my thirst for new music I started to go on Music Boards to find out about bands I never heard of and I discovered Sonata Arctica, then Stratovarius and others. I'm not a Huge Metal Fan, I love pretty much all types of music as long as it's original and has solid musicianship!

Exemples of Other Bands I listen too are:

- The Tea Party
- Our Lady Peace
- Live
- Smashing Pumpkins
- Weezer
- Stabbing Westward
- Matthew Good Band
- Filter
- Jimmy Eat World

ect...

as you can see it`s pretty much a variety .

I was 8 or 9 when I first "digged" Enter Sandman by Metallica. So I heard a lot of the early "heavy" metal until I was 14 or so, then I started listening to Cradle when I was 15 and expanded my horizons to more gothic music after that.