I miss the old days!

Originally posted by YourFuneral

If you are referring to individual musical works, then yes, what you stated is correct since a work of music doesn't possess a life of it's own, but if you are referring to those who compose music than you are sadly misinformed...

EDIT: Actually, what you said is just total wrong regardless of which way you meant it... A piece of music doesn't change either... (Unless you mean time changes, etc... lol)

Evolution - Moving from something simple to something complex (extreme layman's terms).. If this wasn't present in a composer, then no one would ever have to study music, practice, etc... You'd already be as good as you'll ever be...

one thing is maturity and another one is evolution. you look it up.

Sophistication - A certain quote by Mikael comes to mind... Musicians definately can possess sophistication... (Not necessarily a good thing... Look the word up, if you don't really know what it means... Hell, look it up even if you THINK you know what it means...)

Sophistication - "complex or advanced".

Retrocession - A musician who decides not to try expanding their musical knowledge... This may not, strickly speaking, be retrocession, but if you go from writing music that requires you to push your own personal limits as a musician/composer to writing music that requires little or no thought, that - to me - is retrocession...

right, but what I meant that going back to the roots might not be a retrocession, but rather another way of gaining knowledge. yet, staying in there forever would be quite dangerous.