you know what i miss....

jdelpi said:
The problem with that is that people don't know that album very well. People do know all (or almost all) of SOWN. For example, when they started playing "1000 Points of Hate" in 2003 for the first time, people went apeshit. I don't think the same thing would happen if they played "Harm's Way" or "Alpha Male" even though I like those songs.

You have to keep that in mind everytime you ask for something rare live. They're not going to do it (or do it very frequently) if only 30 people know the song.

Agreed, Vol 8 is a fantastic album but the songs on SOWN are much better known. Personally i'd love to here Anthrax tear through Potters Field, Burst and HyProGlo..... Dont think it will ever happen though :(

Jockthrax said:
Agreed, Vol 8 is a fantastic album but the songs on SOWN are much better known. Personally i'd love to here Anthrax tear through Potters Field, Burst and HyProGlo..... Dont think it will ever happen though :(

Not sure if I've seen them do Burst (have they even played it live?) but they opened with Potters Field at the Barrowlands back in 93 and I've seen them do HyProGlo in 93 and possibly 96 at the Garage.

They did Packaged Rebellion in 93 too and I fricking love that song!

jdelpi said:
The problem with that is that people don't know that album very well. People do know all (or almost all) of SOWN. For example, when they started playing "1000 Points of Hate" in 2003 for the first time, people went apeshit. I don't think the same thing would happen if they played "Harm's Way" or "Alpha Male" even though I like those songs.

You have to keep that in mind everytime you ask for something rare live. They're not going to do it (or do it very frequently) if only 30 people know the song.
True, but I did get to hear Burst during the Killers A's tour. I think it was in Santa Anna Ca, I do believe I went a little nuts.

Speaking of rare stuff live, I really liked hearing skeletons live, that really is a kickass song. All of SOWN would really be something. When that came out I had know idea what to expect except I had heard a few songs on pirate radio. Anyone remember pirate radio with Lonn Friend?? I lived in a very obscure place with limited exposure to anything so the fact that I even heard of Anthrax was amazing. Remember this was before the internet so I had to rely on things like magazines and going to the mom and pop music store to learn anything, god I miss those days. Sometimes being in the dark and not knowing everything scott or charlie are doing was kinda nice. But those days are long gone... just like the wooly mammoth

I like the Bush era stuff (mainly SOWN and WCFYA ) but I'd rather hear em play the pre Bush material. Give me One Man Stands or Armed & Dangerous over Only or Room For One More anyday. I don't miss the Bush era songs one bit.

OneManStandsThrax said:
Remember this was before the internet so I had to rely on things like magazines and going to the mom and pop music store to learn anything, god I miss those days.

God, THAT was a blast from the past. I remember going to places like Record City in Skokie (which is long gone from the face of this planet - it's now a bank), where I could go and drool at all the stuff they got from overseas, and wish that I had enough money to buy it all. I did buy some stuff from there, such as the "Indians" 45 picture disc (which I sold years ago - I needed the $$$).

There also used to be a place in Schaumburg, I believe, though I don't remember the name of it. That's where I bought a few Motorhead records on import (Ace Of Spades!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!:kickass: :kickass: ), and where I located "I'm The Man" for the first time. (I still have the "I Am The Law" EP somewhere in my collection... been a long time since I heard "Bud E. Luvbomb & Satan's Lounge Band".)

Thanx for the trip down memory lane. God, now I feel old. (Wait, I am old!):zombie:

I remember seeing penikufesin all the time but never having the money to buy it. Now I regret that I did not beg for money more to get it because it is one of the few albums missing from my Thrax collection.

spacebeer said:
It's one of the best Bush era songs, but I wouldn't mind if they never played it again live. I love the older songs much better. I actually also liked "room for one more" and "potters field" a lot too on that disc.

Never really got into the Bush Era Thrax but I always did like "Room Foer Onr More". I also think they should rotate some Bush Era songs into the set for the people that really like it. Even if it is one song per show and they could switch up which one they do...

xentrix said:
Not sure if I've seen them do Burst (have they even played it live?) but they opened with Potters Field at the Barrowlands back in 93 and I've seen them do HyProGlo in 93 and possibly 96 at the Garage.

They did Packaged Rebellion in 93 too and I fricking love that song!
Packaged Rebellion is my favourite song on SOWN:headbang: