anyone else feel this way (reunion related)

Rise

Mar 9, 2005
Glasgow
I’ve been a fan for a few years now & not being old enough or into metal even when Joey got the boot. So I was absolutely stoked when the "reunion" was announced & I I've been lucky enough to catch them 4 times in 4 years (2 John 2 Joey).

With the new album announced I’m really looking forward to it but I really miss bushthrax tracks & would like them to incorporate them into the set list. Yes there are some bad john&joey songs but you cant win them all but still after the last gig at the Glasgow carling (or the shed as some know it by) I was really craving only,invisible,crush etc

Now I'm no way by any means a basher of the reunion & have loved every second of it. So could we at long last after what 2 European tours please get Joey doing bush songs (don’t bash it until you've heard it FFS)

Just wondering if anyone else feels this way

PS No bashing please

LONG LIVE ANTHRAX IN WHATEVER FORM THEY TAKE

I love both eras. Although I don't think Joey could sing the Bush songs. He doesn't have the "growl" like John does...but, hey, I would look forward to hearing how Joey does on them, though!!

I wouldn;t mind it if they played a few songs of SOWN, I really never cared for "volume 8" and "Stomp 442" though...I wouldn;t know a song on those releases I really like.

i agree maybe to keep everyone happy, but there are so many great songs off off all the joey era and fistfull of metal that would kick ass live

spacebeer said:
I wouldn;t mind it if they played a few songs of SOWN, I really never cared for "volume 8" and "Stomp 442" though...I wouldn;t know a song on those releases I really like.
On Volume 8, listen to "inside out" and "Catharsis". They are really good!! On "Stomp", listen to "Fueled" and "American Pompeii". I had to listen to Volume 8 a couple of times before I really liked it, it grows on you!!:kickass:

the_walking_dude said:
i agree maybe to keep everyone happy, but there are so many great songs off off all the joey era and fistfull of metal that would kick ass live

true so can we drop the likes of im the man,got the time,anti social all great well im the man i dont like but others do etc the usual suspects and crack out time,blood,out of sight,finale?

Rise said:
true so can we drop the likes of im the man,got the time,anti social all great well im the man i dont like but others do etc the usual suspects and crack out time,blood,out of sight,finale?

I drink three six packs just so i can look at your face!!!

i love that line lol

I believe Scott said that he hated the thought of playing the same songs off of the first few albums over and over. I would too. Why choose the best 20 songs out of 60 when you could choose from well over 100 of the very best. Please the entire fanbase & keep it fresh & exciting.

Rise said:
I’ve been a fan for a few years now & not being old enough or into metal even when Joey got the boot. So I was absolutely stoked when the "reunion" was announced & I I've been lucky enough to catch them 4 times in 4 years (2 John 2 Joey).

With the new album announced I’m really looking forward to it but I really miss bushthrax tracks & would like them to incorporate them into the set list. Yes there are some bad john&joey songs but you cant win them all but still after the last gig at the Glasgow carling (or the shed as some know it by) I was really craving only,invisible,crush etc

Now I'm no way by any means a basher of the reunion & have loved every second of it. So could we at long last after what 2 European tours please get Joey doing bush songs (don’t bash it until you've heard it FFS)

Just wondering if anyone else feels this way

PS No bashing please

LONG LIVE ANTHRAX IN WHATEVER FORM THEY TAKE

Well, now that happens what I thought would happen after the first reunion year.
And this is no bashing:
The reunion is just a nostalgic thing that is interesting for the fans for some shows. If they don't do a good new record with Joey, people will soon get bored.
The fans who left them when Joey left and came back for the reunion would leave them again, and fans like you (and me) who like both lineups would miss John.

There's only one way to make everyone happy
(Bushfans, Joeyfans, fans of both times, management, media, my wife....):
A double Album bith BOTH Lineups.
"THE GREATEST EVIL" or "THE CLASH OF THE EVIL":headbang:

Well, I doubt this will ever happen, because Joey, John and Dan would never do that.

But think: Wouldn't this be a GREAT tour? 4 or 5 hours ANTHRAX!!!! :kickass:

And I'm sure, bashers (like me) and Bush-haters will stand in a row again and support our favorite band again:
:headbang:!!!!!ANTHRAX!!!!!:headbang:

I wield my axe to catharsis, thats just one ass kicking bad ass song...i could see some crazy motherfucker just going off the deepend with that song in his head taking down a bunch of people with him....

LOL.

IAN442 said:
I wield my axe to catharsis, thats just one ass kicking bad ass song...i could see some crazy motherfucker just going off the deepend with that song in his head taking down a bunch of people with him....

LOL.
I have to tell myself not to do that all the time.

freakbrother6969 said:
Well, now that happens what I thought would happen after the first reunion year.
And this is no bashing:
The reunion is just a nostalgic thing that is interesting for the fans for some shows. If they don't do a good new record with Joey, people will soon get bored.
The fans who left them when Joey left and came back for the reunion would leave them again, and fans like you (and me) who like both lineups would miss John.

There's only one way to make everyone happy
(Bushfans, Joeyfans, fans of both times, management, media, my wife....):
A double Album bith BOTH Lineups.
"THE GREATEST EVIL" or "THE CLASH OF THE EVIL":headbang:

Well, I doubt this will ever happen, because Joey, John and Dan would never do that.

But think: Wouldn't this be a GREAT tour? 4 or 5 hours ANTHRAX!!!! :kickass:

And I'm sure, bashers (like me) and Bush-haters will stand in a row again and support our favorite band again:
:headbang:!!!!!ANTHRAX!!!!!:headbang:

This double album with both singers would be incredible. And Anthrax could be another "first" too. Beat Van Halen by a step by touring with both of their singers.

And then do what Slayer did and play an entire career defining album in it's entirity.....twice.

First, they play P.O.T. from start to finish with Belladonna. Take a 30 minute break and then play SOWN from start to finish with Bush. Or, if Caggiano is involved in this, they can play WCFYA from start to finish instead.

A-Load-of-bollocks.jpg