Better od two evils??????

atoaie

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2004
Anthrax has been my favorite band since 1987, I have always been supported to them through the years but after hearing the better of two evils I realy miss Joey and Danny. Dont get me wrong i like John Bush but they shouldnt of tried those classics like that they were better untouched. some of the songs seemed like they were too slow and that lead player Rob? No way he could fill Danny's shoes. Danny's solos are too unique to be changed. Sorry but thats how I feel.

No offense taken. But, Rob is a better guitarist - more feeling in his solos (Safe Home) and fast as hell too (any other given solo) - plus he looks more metal than Dan!
You can argue the vocalists but, John Bush singing those classics is not trying to better them - only to represent what might have been had he sung on them and I think the album is very good.

Robs a better guitarist but i think some of his playing on GOTE could have been better, the solos seem lacking in places....but then again it is a live in the studio record.

mentalmeltdown said:
No offense taken. But, Rob is a better guitarist - more feeling in his solos (Safe Home) and fast as hell too (any other given solo) - plus he looks more metal than Dan!
You can argue the vocalists but, John Bush singing those classics is not trying to better them - only to represent what might have been had he sung on them and I think the album is very good.
I totaly respect your opinion and thanx for replying,

I think Rob does a very good job on Greater of Two Evils, I only have a problem with Be All, End All. It's been my favourite Anthrax song ever since I heard it, so naturally I was very dissapointed when I heard the new solo because it's just not as good as the original. I guess you could say Rob plays it the wrong way. Especially in the end the magic of the solo isn't just happening. That's the only thing I was bot happy with when I heard TGOTE.

do you really find the songs slower? I don´t...and if so, it certainly doesn´t bother me...looks like you all get caught on a whining bandwagon ("it´s slow, it´s slow", it´s NOT), when you slow something down from 190 BPM to 185, no one recognizes.

I thought it was an awesome record. I was never a big fan of Joey's voice, and hearing John sing the old songs to me makes them so much better. I started listening to Anthrax after I heard Persistence of Time, and that's my favorite out of the Joey era because his voice isn't as bad. I liked the music of the other albums, but the voice just wasn't what I liked. Thats why I like this album so much.