old man joey is back

speaking of the bird flu, what kind of disease do you get from kissing a parakeet? Chirpies. It's a canareal disease and it's untweetable. .....I know, that's pretty bad, huh?

Karina_666 said:
speaking of the bird flu, what kind of disease do you get from kissing a parakeet? Chirpies. It's a canareal disease and it's untweetable. .....I know, that's pretty bad, huh?

Yea,....but we'll let hotties get away with most anything 'round these parts.

What I don't understand is Bush sang live many of the Joey era songs, Joey has said that they won't be doing any of the Bush era stuff. So I guess those songs just didn't happen.

They had a bunch of great tunes across the board. I like Joey but I prefer Bush's voice overall for a few exceptions.

I think they are avoiding recording becuase whatever they record now has to be earth shattering awesome. There last CD was so fucking good it was unreal, and now they have Joey back. So they have to not only top a REALLY good CD, but they have to top all their stuff in the past. No easy feet.

tomass74 said:
YOU WHINY FUCKING CUNTS!!! Seriously do you have no life???? If you do not like what IS NOW Anthrax then go somewhere else.. Seriously do you have nothing better to do with your pathetic lives then come to this message board every fucking day and cry and complain????? Go join an Armored Saint board or that lame Reunion Bashers and homos board... Seriously...

That's retarded

tomass74 said:
YOU WHINY FUCKING CUNTS!!! Seriously do you have no life???? If you do not like what IS NOW Anthrax then go somewhere else.. Seriously do you have nothing better to do with your pathetic lives then come to this message board every fucking day and cry and complain????? Go join an Armored Saint board or that lame Reunion Bashers and homos board... Seriously...

well said man

the_walking_dude said:
well said man

No it wasn't. I'm sure if there were computers back when Joey was originally in the band people would have bitched on the internet then.

Why would you go to some other board to voice your opnion on who was a better singer for Anthrax?

Sleestak said:
Bush wasn't Anthrax, he was a fill in.
Really? According to whom? Certainly not according to, oh, I don't know, THE FUCKING BAND

Karina_666 said:
You've made my day

Scott says in the new NuclearBlast Magazine:
translated from german to (my awful) english:

NB: “What’ll happen when the tour ends in april?”
S.I.:“I’m confused, like all the others. I’ll start writing songs with Charlie this winter in Chicago. Hopefully this process will tell us, what we have to do.”

NB: “This means, if the new songs are retro-Trash-Metal, Joey will sing and if it sounds like WCFYA, John will sing?”
S.I.:”It’s not that easy. Joey can sing everything and John, too. The implication of a reunion-tour seems to be a new cd. I wish it would be so simple. But we didn’t fire John, in contrast to Joey years ago. The situation today: We have a singer: JOHN BUSH. And we’re on tour with Joey, why not with him in the studio? Some people even ask, why we don’t just record two new cds, but this would be sheer madness. I wish, we could just record a Reunion-Lineup-CD and after that a WCFYA-follower with John. I can’t really imagine standing in the studio without John next time. I’m ready to continue the last Album WCFYA, and I don’t know if Joey should sing that.”

freakbrother6969 said:

S.I.:“I’m confused, like all the others. I’ll start writing songs with Charlie this winter in Chicago. Hopefully this process will tell us, what we have to do.”

NB: “This means, if the new songs are retro-Trash-Metal, Joey will sing and if it sounds like WCFYA, John will sing?”
S.I.:”It’s not that easy. Joey can sing everything and John, too. The implication of a reunion-tour seems to be a new cd. I wish it would be so simple. But we didn’t fire John, in contrast to Joey years ago. The situation today: We have a singer: JOHN BUSH. And we’re on tour with Joey, why not with him in the studio? Some people even ask, why we don’t just record two new cds, but this would be sheer madness. I wish, we could just record a Reunion-Lineup-CD and after that a WCFYA-follower with John. I can’t really imagine standing in the studio without John next time. I’m ready to continue the last Album WCFYA, and I don’t know if Joey should sing that.”
Seriously, Do they even know what the fuck they are doing anymore? Sounds like they are just totally fucking clueless.
Personally i think they should just keep Joe and Dan and be done with it regardless of what these "know it all" fans think they should do.

jpike said:
Seriously, Do they even know what the fuck they are doing anymore? Sounds like they are just totally fucking clueless.
Personally i think they should just keep Joe and Dan and be done with it regardless of what these "know it all" fans think they should do.

Sounds like you're a "know it all" fan too.

DumbAss said:
It didn't cost them any popularity. Metal went down the shitter in the early '90s man. Nobody listened to it. Grunge was everywhere. You couldn't even SAY metal, you had to say Alternative because metal was considered "Cheesey". I'm not talkin' about Chickens and eggs, I'm talking about how the rest of the band was evolving and Joey was staying right there in the 80's hair scene. Joey even said it himself that he wanted nothing to do with some of the experimental stuff they were doing. To this day, he's only interested in old school metal, and that's not the kind of band Anthrax is. They turned to John Bush because he fit with the rest of them. They also would have completely fallen off the radar without Bush's vocal style. And no... they aren't playing larger gigs, you have to be kidding right... tell me you are.

Wasn't I'm the Man 'experimental' back when it was done ?? What about the '13', Starting up a Posse, NFB.... all with Joey as the singer ... One of their latest song's "What doesn't die" is as metal as Among the Living I would think.

freakbrother6969 said:

NB: “This means, if the new songs are retro-Trash-Metal*snip* JOHN BUSH.QUOTE]

Awwwwwwww! i've always loved the way our continental cousins in Germany pronounce Thrash as Trash! It makes me go all wibbly and snuggly!

Hug a German today!