old man joey is back

AlexStomp said:
I can't understand how you'd turn your back on such a masterpiece of an album as WCFYA. It's only been two years since it's been out. On the other hand, I was in a completely different place in my life two years ago. It's pretty pathetic to call a dude a loser who just joined this board. He's just voicing his opinion and I think a year ago, there were way more board members posting the same rumblings when the rumours were flying around that this would happen. Right on the heels of the release of Greater of Two Evils too, which still gets plenty of listens on my IPod when I'm on the subway or at work.

I think it would be awesome if they reunited with Bush. They should at least do one show in Vegas or at the Aragon in Chicago or something and announce it way in advance so all the die hard Bush lovers would go no matter where it was. "YOU CANNOT KILL, WHAT DOESN'T DIE"!!!!!!!

If they released another album with Joey, I'd at least give it a chance.

THis has very little to do with voicing an opinion......

Matt Bello said:
Style and voice that Anthrax needs?? You said Anthrax need an 80's style?? IMO They are a better band with Bush as singer and they where current with Bush in the band. John is a better singer IN MY OPINION and frontman IN MY OPINION than Joey.
Now they are a band who played song release 20 years ago. No newer song, just good, but old songs. People want to ear the stuff release after 91, not just before, they had to play every era of the band history.
Alive 2 is the worst live album ever release by the band, even island years is better, at least island years was current when they release it.
It's so pathetic.
:Smug:

SOngs they have releases in 93 or 95 are also old by now, and only some people wanna hear em. PLus they haven't even got the chance yet to records or write new songs they have been touring constantly, leave em some time the new songs will come!

spacebeer said:
THis has very little to do with voicing an opinion......

When you end your sentences with: ......, It makes you look like you don't have the balls to say what's on your mind.

Let me say what's currently on my mind...

Joey= nice guy that has a great recognizable voice that fronted the band when they were commercially successful for reasons that would be debatable.

John= cool guy with a voice with serious balls that fronted the band during their hard times but kept them alive and never let the ship sink.

spacebeer said:
leave em some time the new songs will come!

I'm afraid they won't. Read the quotes in all the interviews closely. Scott and Charlie are trying to avoid going to the studio with Joey and Dan like hell, which I completely understand. And Bush remains pissed off. It's a fucked up situation.

AlexStomp said:
John= cool guy with a voice with serious balls that fronted the band during their hard times but kept them alive and never let the ship sink.
True, if John didn't come around when he did, we wouldn't be here bitching at each other... 'cause there would be no Anthrax.

johnnieCzech said:
I'm afraid they won't. Read the quotes in all the interviews closely. Scott and Charlie are trying to avoid going to the studio with Joey and Dan like hell, which I completely understand. And Bush remains pissed off. It's a fucked up situation.
Totally... I think they know they fucked themselves.

DumbAss said:
True, if John didn't come around when he did, we wouldn't be here bitching at each other... 'cause there would be no Anthrax.

pfff, that's like the chicken and the egg story without Joey Bush would probably never have sung in ANTHRAX. I am glad they are back toghtere and no I don;t think it's cool to tour only on 13 year old songs but at the moment it is the only thing possible because Joey was fired 13 years ago and they are just back togheter.

I think Firing Joey back then was already a very low thing to do and eventually it has costed them their popularity which they won;t win back anytime soon, and certainly not overnight. But I am positive they already played far larger gigs than they ever did with Bush!

spacebeer said:
pfff, that's like the chicken and the egg story without Joey Bush would probably never have sung in ANTHRAX. I am glad they are back toghtere and no I don;t think it's cool to tour only on 13 year old songs but at the moment it is the only thing possible because Joey was fired 13 years ago and they are just back togheter.

I think Firing Joey back then was already a very low thing to do and eventually it has costed them their popularity which they won;t win back anytime soon, and certainly not overnight. But I am positive they already played far larger gigs than they ever did with Bush!
It didn't cost them any popularity. Metal went down the shitter in the early '90s man. Nobody listened to it. Grunge was everywhere. You couldn't even SAY metal, you had to say Alternative because metal was considered "Cheesey". I'm not talkin' about Chickens and eggs, I'm talking about how the rest of the band was evolving and Joey was staying right there in the 80's hair scene. Joey even said it himself that he wanted nothing to do with some of the experimental stuff they were doing. To this day, he's only interested in old school metal, and that's not the kind of band Anthrax is. They turned to John Bush because he fit with the rest of them. They also would have completely fallen off the radar without Bush's vocal style. And no... they aren't playing larger gigs, you have to be kidding right... tell me you are.

Sleestak said:
Anthrax hit the big time with Joey in the lineup, and that is where they should be. Bush wasn't Anthrax, he was a fill in. The classics that Anthrax recorded with Joey are the ones that everyone will remember long after this band is gone.
Sleestak

So, I guess SOWN was just some fill-in music 'till Joey could bust out Medusa again, HUH? S442, I reckon.

Slee, You're not sporting a mullet are ya?

Here's my opinion, I like John Bush, IN ARMORED SAINT! I Like Joey, IN ANTHRAX, Armored Saint did some wicked songs, They were on Hellraiser 3, Anthrax - On Return Of The Living Dead 2. Like it or not, "Old Man Joey IS Back", I like it, And I hope it stays this way, I was taken to an anthrax concert with my father when I was 5 years old in Ny, Joey was awesome, I would still have pictures of Joey holding me on his sholders if our house hadn't have burned down. Now I am able to take my son to see Anthrax like I did, And I hope to soon, I refer to the bush fans as "Newbies" Because either they didn't care for Anthrax from the 80's or just discovered them in the 90's. I'm not knockin' bush, He's a cool dude, It's the way it's supposed to be though, Bush = Armored Saint.
Joey = Anthrax. Live with it, Deal with it, Don't like Joey? Tough. People have to deal with things sometimes, I have to deal with the slandering of my mother-in-law (who just happens to be a lesbian) telling my wife that i'm a man therefore i'm cheating on her 24/7, Yeah right. lmao.:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

What irritates me is Bush fans presenting things as if it was Joey's fault that they fired him. They fired him, it was a shitty thing to do, and it's not a coincidence they got less & less popular.

Also, how times change.

CesspoolOfSkulls said:
Here's my opinion, I like John Bush, IN ARMORED SAINT! I Like Joey, IN ANTHRAX, Armored Saint did some wicked songs, They were on Hellraiser 3, Anthrax - On Return Of The Living Dead 2. Like it or not, "Old Man Joey IS Back", I like it, And I hope it stays this way, I was taken to an anthrax concert with my father when I was 5 years old in Ny, Joey was awesome, I would still have pictures of Joey holding me on his sholders if our house hadn't have burned down. Now I am able to take my son to see Anthrax like I did, And I hope to soon, I refer to the bush fans as "Newbies" Because either they didn't care for Anthrax from the 80's or just discovered them in the 90's. I'm not knockin' bush, He's a cool dude, It's the way it's supposed to be though, Bush = Armored Saint.
Joey = Anthrax. Live with it, Deal with it, Don't like Joey? Tough. People have to deal with things sometimes, I have to deal with the slandering of my mother-in-law (who just happens to be a lesbian) telling my wife that i'm a man therefore i'm cheating on her 24/7, Yeah right. lmao.:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Nice of you to lump all the John Bush fans together. We're not newcomers to Anthrax. We stuck by them through the 90s when metal nearly disappeared. Where were you? Still listening to PoT complaining about Joey's firing?

A lot of us were Anthrax fans when StD and SoE were released back in the mid 80s. I've been a fan since I heard them when I was in high school. I loved Joey as much as the next guy back then. The moment, though, I heard "Only" I forgot all about Joey. Now, to me, John is the voice of Anthrax. WCFYA is the best thing they've ever done, bar none. I hate to think that we may not hear the follow-up which would just crush with John leading the charge.

Canucklehead said:
Nice of you to lump all the John Bush fans together. We're not newcomers to Anthrax. We stuck by them through the 90s when metal nearly disappeared. Where were you? Still listening to PoT complaining about Joey's firing?

A lot of us were Anthrax fans when StD and SoE were released back in the mid 80s. I've been a fan since I heard them when I was in high school. I loved Joey as much as the next guy back then. The moment, though, I heard "Only" I forgot all about Joey. Now, to me, John is the voice of Anthrax. WCFYA is the best thing they've ever done, bar none. I hate to think that we may not hear the follow-up which would just crush with John leading the charge.

Well all i'm hearing is people wineing cause Joey is back, Why don't you let it be and wait for a Bush reunion a few years later? Your not even giving them a chance to record new material. I wasn't complaining when Joey got fired, I just didn't listen to the newer stuff (with bush). If you wanna hear John go see Armored Saint, He dosen't even WANT to be in Anthrax anymore, I have read tons and tons of interviews, He just don't want to, You can't make someone do somthing they rather not. People need to get that in their heads. Tuuhh---duuhhhh.

Fucking hell, is this the bloody topic that will not die?

I thought we'd seen the last of Joey vs John era bullshit.

I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog day, except that was actually fun.

MichiMikey said:
So, I guess SOWN was just some fill-in music 'till Joey could bust out Medusa again, HUH? S442, I reckon.

Slee, You're not sporting a mullet are ya?

I'm not sure how me preferring Joey over John makes me any more or less likely to sport a mullett.

But no, don't have one.

And I still prefer Joey to John, is that OK with you?

Sleestak

Sleestak said:
I'm not sure how me preferring Joey over John makes me any more or less likely to sport a mullett.

But no, don't have one.

And I still prefer Joey to John, is that OK with you?

Sleestak

It's Ok with me, if that counts for shit.

*checks*

Oh, it doesn't.

Sorry.

johnnieCzech said:
You must be kidding or crazy. Bush was not a fill in, Joey Vera was (for example). Hope you can see the difference.

Well, he's gone, and I am glad, I like Anthrax much better with Joey. All these guys are cut from the cloth, John didn't fit in the way Joey does. The dynamic is MUCH better in my opinion now that Joey is back.

Will there be a new album with Joey? Who knows. I hope there is.

If the record company thinks there will be a market for it, then the record will happen. These guys need to make money, and if they are under contract, they will have to do what the label says.