Questions about BORDER OF REALITY...

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Hi all,

I have Bleed and ETD. Both discs, especially Bleed, are great IMO. I love Bleed - one of the best power metal albums ever to me.

Anyway, I'm planning to check out Border Of Reality, but I decided I'd come here and ask a few questions first.

Well, how does BOR compare to Bleed and ETD? Is it power metal or is it more in the power/thrash vein? Are there many double drum beats in the back like their last 2 discs? Is it the same singer? Are the guitars melodic? Speedy or mid-tempo?

Thanks for your attention!

NP: Lacrimas Profundere - Memorandum

~Mezarkabul

Go for it! :)
"Border..." has nothing to do with the old Thrash sound the band played back in the 80s. I'd say it is in the vein of "Bleed" so the chances are good that you will like "Border.." as well :)
Same singer by the way.

Yeah but I'd like it to be a bit different, less PM more classical or thrash metal if you know what I mean. I love Bleed and all but I'm not in the mood for other typical PM stuff at this time. I was sort of hoping that BOR would be more in the traditional heavy metal vain with power influences or something.

And, no one answered my questions about the double drum bass beats and if the guitars are speedy melodic stuff or more mid-tempo stuff.

Thanks.

I just bought Border of Reality today and I have listened to it twice so far.. I was really surprised to even find the CD because I was actually looking for Bleed and they didn't have it and I have never heard of this CD before, so I took a chance. I really enjoyed it...

As far as the drums I am not an expert but there are some good guitar work and some good bass runs as well.. It was a very upbeat CD... :)

:headbang: not sure if you are curious anymore but heres my two cents worth.
every body has a different Idea of what music they enjoy, and what is good for one person may not be good for the next. I myself enJoy every thing that Angel dust puts out...maybe this will help you. border of reality has a kind of dream or beyond life theme to it ,and so the music kind of reflects this. it has some very epic songs not quite as heavy as bleed but still a must have IMO. if you like both bleed and E.T.D then you should like B.O.R
:cool:

Hey, dude, you were listening to White Lion's Pride when you replied me. Pride is such an awesome CD. The intro of "When The Children Cry" is one of the best musical pieces ever written and played IMO. Vito to this day remains as my favourite guitarist along with Criss Oliva from Savatage.

It's great to see another White Lion fan here. :)

NP: Dark Angel - Darkness Descends

~Mezarkabul

I just now read your reply...sorry! any way hell yes I like white lion,to me vito is right up there with the best of the best..and chris oliva is another favorite.....I am a big savatage fan...saw them not too long ago in sacramento and san francico.... I miss chris and I also miss zack..... great singer!! did you ever get B.O.R? what did you think??

Hi man, it's great to see another Savatage fan. Criss is and always will be my favourite guitarist with Vito. Zak is very great too. He has a new band now. It's called CircleIICircle.

Anyway yes I finally got BOR. I love it! I love it as much as Bleed! Amazing stuff!

Btw, White Lion vocalist Mike Tramp just released his new solo album. Check it out at www.miketramp.com

NP: Mike Tramp - Recovering The Wasted Years

~Mezarkabul