Questions about "Not Man"

vertigokeyz

One F'in Well-Dressed Man
Jul 26, 2011
I am doing a carving in tribute to the return of the guys. I needed a good Not Man and the internet has shit as far as Anthrax clip art is concerned to I reconstructed him myself. I took some license with certain details in order to keep it carvable, but if you have a use for it, feel free to save the graphic.

Anyway, it got me wondering about him. Where did he go? (I see he is in the forum header, but has the group abandon him as a 'mascot'?) Did anyone ever come up with a real name for him like IM's 'Eddie'? Does he remind you of those little rubber finger puppets you used to be able to get for 50 cents in a Kmart lobby vending machine?

The band tried to be serious, so they left NOTMAN out for a while
i guess someone told them, its not cool to have a silly looking cartoon as their mascot...maybe someone pointed out PANTERA..
and the guys just when apeshit and think.."Look at those guys..they are so straight ahead macho, looking tough & shit..& kids love em'..we need to change our look..yeah!!"), without realizing how fans has considered NOTMAN as a part of the band. Now that they are embracing their past, so NOTMAN need to be a part of that revival..So good for the guy, the NOTMAN that is..Welcome back!!

Here is a simulation of the carving I mentioned. If you are interested in having one for yourself, below are more details.

Each carving is about 16" x 18" (height x width) made from high-density styrofoam (the kind used for insulation in walls) making it very light and easy to hang. I chisel out the background and leave the foreground raised and smooth. Then I paint it with acrylic paint (which has proven to be infinite in maintaining its color over the years). Each piece is $40 (including shipping to mainland US. Never tried to ship one overseas but I can do it for an additional fee I am sure). I did the background and band name colors in orange and gold simply based on the color scheme of their upcoming album, but I can do them in any color you prefer. Let me know by PM or post here if you are interested in purchasing one.

Here is a simulation of the carving I mentioned. If you are interested in having one for yourself, below are more details.

Each carving is about 16" x 18" (height x width) made from high-density styrofoam (the kind used for insulation in walls) making it very light and easy to hang. I chisel out the background and leave the foreground raised and smooth. Then I paint it with acrylic paint (which has proven to be infinite in maintaining its color over the years). Each piece is $40 (including shipping to mainland US. Never tried to ship one overseas but I can do it for an additional fee I am sure). I did the background and band name colors in orange and gold simply based on the color scheme of their upcoming album, but I can do them in any color you prefer. Let me know by PM or post here if you are interested in purchasing one.

Nice work! I would possibly be interested if the word 'Anthrax' was set up the classic Joey and current way where the R continues above the T and H. The X extends a little higher too.
The design you have was on the Bush era albums only.

Nice work! I would possibly be interested if the word 'Anthrax' was set up the classic Joey and current way where the R continues above the T and H. The X extends a little higher too.
The design you have was on the Bush era albums only.

Okay, fixed it. Here is the classic design.