Questions about Reamping with the Kemper

EachHit

ScytheBeast
Dec 21, 2013
Germany
Hi,

I am going to do some reampings for a few Songs I finished recording for my Buddy's Band.

I only tracked the DI's for all the Songs. Now I need to find some good Profiles which I can use to reamp. I wanted to use 2 different Ampprofiles for one Track so I can blend them together.

The Style is kinda Old School Melodic Death Metal. And the Guitars aren't played so tight.

Maybe someone can give me some tips how to find the right Profiles. I think I read that a lot of People use a 5150 with a Rectifier.

Heavy Greetz

If the guitars aren't tight and you want them tighter, a 5150 would be great. But I also think that kills some of the old school melodeath vibe, since I usually think of a Marshall or something more vintage-sounding through a HM-2 or Metal Zone when I think of the traditional buzzsaw sound. I would try both and see what works best. I'd be inclined to go with the rawer sound since the not-very-tight playing will sound cool and retro rather than sloppy, but that's just me. Try Lasse Lammert's Marshall profiles for that.

Thanks for the Tips,

I did some tests yesterday and tried a combination of a view Amps. The 5150 seemed to always work pretty good when there's a lot of Distortion gioing on. The best Combinaton I liked so far was a EVH 5150 Profile with a Dual Rectifi Hi Modern One. I liked that One. But I am not sure if there was a TS in the Profile. Is the DIST Green Default the Profile from a TS? Then I would activate that to check that it out in some of the in the Profiles. I tried Lasse's Profiles also but it didn't seem to work out so good with the Performance I guess.
But there are so many Profile's around I could spend month in trying different combinations.

Heavy Greetz

If you're reamping them twice, make sure you have Constant Latency turned on... I think it's under the System settings somewhere. If it's off, you can get shitty phase cancellation between the two reamped tracks.

If you're reamping them twice, make sure you have Constant Latency turned on... I think it's under the System settings somewhere. If it's off, you can get shitty phase cancellation between the two reamped tracks.

I have this activated but I think I don't always get it 100% correct. I always send a Click which is right on the Grid before the actual DI Signal.
When I am done with reamping I align the Click on the recorded Track to the Grid . And sometimes it sounds better when I inverse the Phase on a Profile.

Heavy Greetz

Oh damn, this happened with my bass tracks last night. Thanks for the tip!