Quick/beginner/stupid questions go here

Ok,not sure if this should go in the gear thread but I think it fits better here so GUITAR PLAYERS LISTEN!! Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get a guitar for 400e that'll give me a good Alexi sound?? I'm pretty new at guitars and don't understand the different specs really like pickups and gainboosters or anything like that so I don't want to go on ebay for a guitar,buy a RR second hand for cheap and realise that it dosn't have the kind of sound I want it to have-early CoB sound..I dont really like the look of the Alexi 200 (shallow,I know) but I heard it hasn't the best sound anyway and it's the sound I'm after. I'd love a jackson, not into the ESPs as much..anyone got one to sell or know where I can get one for cheap??

^ Well ,your talking about proffesional muscians, who use EXPENSIVE equipment, so of course fucking not for 400 euros. But do you mean the old Bodom sound ( SW -FTR) or new Bodom sound (HCDR- present day), well any an alder body guitar, with passive (doesnt run on battery) pickup(s)+gain boost for the old and for the new again alder body guitar with actives (runs on battery) the seymor duncan blackout to be precise is what alexi uses, but i prefer emg 81's IMO. Thats the short of it, I'd go for a guitar that plays, looks and sounds great and YOU like, don't be forced to get a guitar like alexi, if thats your way try the LTD Alexi 200, 24 frets, tremolo, and based on his customs only its not that good IMO, I'save up for a LTD alexi 600 if your a complete fan -boy, or go for a Jackson Sl3 or RR24, or an ibanez RG series guitar, they paly nice even the cheaper ones.

Ah ok thanks..I know I wont pick up an Alexi guitar for four hundred,new- they can make 2000 on eBay but I just want the Alexi SOUND, I'm not a total fangirl and don't HAVE to get the Alexi series but I want the next best thing, something that sounds similar, that is, if someone is currently tired of theirs ands wants to sell it on?? If not I'll definately have a look into those Ibanez ones :) I do like the shape of the Alexi models and would love a guitar that shape though..
I'm looking for the early stuff sound FTR etc..

Ah ok thanks..I know I wont pick up an Alexi guitar for four hundred,new- they can make 2000 on eBay but I just want the Alexi SOUND, I'm not a total fangirl and don't HAVE to get the Alexi series but I want the next best thing, something that sounds similar, that is, if someone is currently tired of theirs ands wants to sell it on?? If not I'll definately have a look into those Ibanez ones :) I do like the shape of the Alexi models and would love a guitar that shape though..
I'm looking for the early stuff sound FTR etc..

Cool! glad i could help, sorry i assumed you were a guy! id just save up for a nice offset v shaped guitar- view off topic and guitar compliation for nice offset v's or suggest guitars in the guitar players thread :)

Has anyone posted/transcribed the Finnish lyrics that Alexi sings over the Hate Me! acoustic version?

the lyrics he sings in the acoustic hate me on CRY are not translated
he sings lyrics of some coverband eläseläiset or something which are joke lyrics

anyway here they are

Mä synnyin nahkahousut jalassa
Lapsi kuunteli Black Sabbathia
Mutsi keräs jääkaapin oveen tarroja
Me käytiin kerran Lapissa
Siellä oli paljon itikoita
Ne pökki meikäläisen aivan täyteen pahkoja
Leirintäalueella juntit, kuunteli humppaveikkoja
Voit uskoa, jotta sapetti
Mä kato vihaan humppaa

Hei vanha vihtahousu kuule toiveeni
Ei tyydy yllättämään vois helvettiin

Hei, tanssitaan tervassa ja syötä sille ???
Kiusaa sitä siihen malliin, että loppuu humpparalli

Then the first verse again.

Cool! glad i could help, sorry i assumed you were a guy! id just save up for a nice offset v shaped guitar- view off topic and guitar compliation for nice offset v's or suggest guitars in the guitar players thread :)

No problem :) Not a whole lot of female metal guitarists out there. Thanks for the help! :)

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone here had a Korg X5 Keyboard. Or know someone who does, and who have a lead similar to Janne's Lead ?

I personnaly created one wich took me really long to program, but i'm always looking for a 'perfect' version of it.

Thanks.

the lyrics he sings in the acoustic hate me on CRY are not translated
he sings lyrics of some coverband eläseläiset or something which are joke lyrics

anyway here they are

Mä synnyin nahkahousut jalassa
Lapsi kuunteli Black Sabbathia
Mutsi keräs jääkaapin oveen tarroja
Me käytiin kerran Lapissa
Siellä oli paljon itikoita
Ne pökki meikäläisen aivan täyteen pahkoja
Leirintäalueella juntit, kuunteli humppaveikkoja
Voit uskoa, jotta sapetti
Mä kato vihaan humppaa

Hei vanha vihtahousu kuule toiveeni
Ei tyydy yllättämään vois helvettiin

Hei, tanssitaan tervassa ja syötä sille ???
Kiusaa sitä siihen malliin, että loppuu humpparalli

Then the first verse again.

cool, i actually wanted the finnish lyrics thanks :)

does anyone have a link to where i can get the children of bodom demo version and the toward dead end demo version???? of can pm me for my email and email them to me????

I don't know where to put this question and I'm not starting a new thread for it so.. Does anyone know who's supporting Bodom in Ireland and Scotland in June??

Anybody who's coming to the Irish gig want to meet up? :D