quick mix (pop/rock)

timislegend

Jun 8, 2010
greetings all!

this is actually the first mix i have ever posted.

i am a little proud of it for three reasons...

1) all the recording was done in my house as scratch recordings.

2) it was arranged & "mixed" (on a macbook air) with ipod headphones while on an airplane flying back from nyc.

3) it was the song that got the band (recently) signed.

they are called "eyes like mine" ...and the song is called four walls

i plan on throwing down a real mix when the budget comes in, but for now... enjoy!

I really feel the kick, snare and toms are from a completely different song than the rest of the mix. They're heavy and punchy, not necessarily the best choice for this style of music. I'd either change the samples altogether, or dig out some of the attack and body and experiment with some creative room verb methods to create some artificial ambience for the kit.

2) it was arranged & "mixed" (on a macbook air) with ipod headphones while on an airplane flying back from nyc.

I'm not sure whether that's impressive or really stupid. How did you sort out the low-end with the noisy rumble of the plane?

Yeah, kick and toms sound weird. Really don't like the kick. Snare fits well though, imo, maybe a little loud or too much attack.

Otherwise sounds good.

Some cool things going on there, just some bizarre creative choices as said before, in particular the drum sound. I personally wouldve liked the drums in a nice room with just 4 or 5 mics.