Quick Poll: ROUND TWO - Which of these two bands do you prefer?

Pick who you like better...

• Estrum

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Dendura

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Both

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
I voted neither. Neither one 'clicked' with me for whatever reason, though I would give the edge to Dendura. I'm voting in these things with the hope that I might be able to make it to the next installment of Texas Madfest. Would love to finally make that trip to Texas, that I've always wanted to make.

Side note: these polls are not determining the line-up for Madfest 2008. They are just to help me gauge interest in certain aspects of the metal world, so to say :cool:

Okay, I'm lying, yes they have an impact on the final roster :p but there's a chance that NONE of these bands will be performing, even if they "win" their poll.

With that said, thank you for the votes and the comments! Please keep 'em coming!

Looking forward to your comments, Rusty!
I hope you get to come too, TheWhisper!

Ok although I love both these bands, and the Egyptian theme is cool with Dendura. I would have to say Estrum has the most atmosphere overall. However, having said that...I'm not sure either would work on Madfest. So I will vote neither for Madfest, but I really like Estrum and the poll is for which band I prefer so Estrum gets my vote!

Ok although I love both these bands, and the Egyptian theme is cool with Dendura. I would have to say Estrum has the most atmosphere overall. However, having said that...I'm not sure either would work on Madfest. So I will vote neither for Madfest, but I really like Estrum and the poll is for which band I prefer so Estrum gets my vote!

Thank you! That's exactly what I wanted to know :) You rock!

Thanks for all the answers and votes everyone! I really appreciate it! Y'all are totally awesome! ;)

:Smokedev:

I totally disagree with Estrum and I'm not knocking them. Estrum sounds great but they are less agressive than Dendura. Dendura sounds much heavier live. Bare in mind, the drummer they have on those recordings is not their current drummer. They are definately a progressive metal band and Aziza is a show stealer with big and powerful vocals with dual guitar harmonies. I've seen them live twice and they are great! Estrum sounds more like they have a blues or jazz vocalist and I don't think the metal fans will get into it as much as they will with Dendura. Plus, Dendura has belly dancers. Enough said!

I missed seeing Dendura last Saturday, so I hope my vote helps them out & makes up for being unable to attend! I haven't seen them in WAY too long and I can't wait for their next gig. This band has grown so much over the years, they really deserve this. I've never heard anyone else that sounds quite like they do... a totally unique group w/ tons of talent & potential!

Best of luck to them!

Thanks for the votes and comments, everyone! Again, this poll doesn't "win" a band a spot on the Madfest roster. Just to get a general feel of the audience that participates on the forum. However since they aren't a cross-section of everyone that might attend, I do value all comments and praises for each band. :) Hope to see you all here in the future, too!

Both bands are interesting, but I'd have to give it Dendura for two reasons. First, the Dendura vocalist seems to have a very unique, distinctive voice and it's pretty rare to find a vocalist that we can identify just by hearing the voice. And second ... well, I gotta love a band that has belly dancers for their live set. Sign me up, I'm gonna have to see that live set!