Quick question about impulses

Djentkitty

May 23, 2011
Say if you're quad tracking guitars, do you guys use one impulse per guitar track, or a few?

Also, would you use the same impulse more than once in the mix? Like, have 2 guitars panned hard left/hard right with the same impulse or different?

BTW I'm somewhat new here :)

Welcome !

Same amp settings and impulse on all 4.

Or 2 tracks of one amp and impulse 100L and 100R + 2 tracks of another amp and impulse 100L and 100R.

For me the old but great Simulanalog JCM900 adds nicely to high gain amps like TSE X30/X50, Ignite Amps NRR1 and Lepou LeCto.

do you guys like the line 6 cab sims that come with gear box? are they the same thing as impuleses? my Engl savage seems to sound better with the efx send into gearbox with the amps turned off and the v30 cab sim on it than impuleses I have downloaded and the cab sim built into the amp so Im curious if im just def.

If i quad track i use 2 different impulses and a small tweak on amp, just to sound a bit different. lets say a more bassy guitar on left and more prima on right.

hmm, I usually just use X50 on all 4 tracks with slightly different settings on each with all different impulses. I'll try that way and see how it goes. Thanks