quick question: heavy strings and guitar damage

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
hey guys,

quick question:
i put some really heavy ass strings on my guitar to record some stuff in drop A. i love thick strings, and while being pretty heavy even in drop A they work fine in that tuning.
now, we're surprisingly playing a gig today, and i need to take that guitar with me as a backup, and for the gig i'm playing in regular B tuning.
the string tension is really fucking high, and i'm worried whether it's possible to damage my guitar.
i did obviously adjust the tuss rod and so on when changing the strings, so the neck relief looks fine and everything. still, that's a lot more string tension than you'd usually get, and i wonder if it's fine.

string gauge is 13 / 16 / 30 / 44 / 56 / 68

normally i'm using 13 / 17 / 26 / 36 / 46 / 62

thanks!

edit: btw, when i drop A, that shit sounds fucking INTENSE. heavy strings combined with a really heavy pick attack and palm muting technique led to some crazy ass tones even with pod farm for tracking. i can't wait to reamp this shit through my amps.

That will be fine for B standard.
I know guys that play heavier strings in C# standard and their guitars are fine

as long as you have adjusted the tussrod it should be fine. My guitar has the Zakk Wylde boomer strings (13 - 70) an I play in standart C tuning for several years now and the guitar is still fine.

p.s.: Vielleicht sehen wir uns heute in Essen...Is ja quasi direkt nebenan :)