Guitar strings and the feeling on different neck-scales

JoeJackson

Oct 9, 2007
Germany
Hey guys...

I think I'm loosing it soon :D

I have a Gibbo LP Custom, that I love. I tune to C# Standard using the Dunlop Zakk Wylde .10-.60-strings.

Last Autumn I bought my Fender Jim Root-Strat (same tuning, same strings) and played it ever since.

Now I picked up my Gibbo again and the strings felt loose and I especially palm-mutes and fast palm-muted gallops definitely sound sloppier than on my fender.

I understand that, because of the longer neck, the fender brings more tension on the strings. Now I wanted to switch the the .10-.60's on the Gibbo to a corresponding string-set to make up for the shorter neck and thus for the missing tension. But what set should I buy?

I would love to have the exact same string-tension on both of my beloved guitars.

And please, don't recommend me even lighter string-sets, because you play Drop-A with a .56 as the thickest string. I always played stiff and thick strings and thus I can't go back. I'm awefully sloppy with loose strings :D

Just try the Zakk Wylde .11-.70 set :D (ok the low strings would be to much I think)
Yamaha has a Baritone Set that is .11-.64 and DR has the DDT set with .13-.65.
It depends on how big the difference in feel is I think, I would actually try the Zakk
Wylde set with .11-.70, but I think I would tune to C instead of C# than.
You could always buy single strings and create your own set, look at www.saitenmarkt.com
for this, they have loads of different strings.