acoustic strings on an electric, safe?

everybody's x

My name is Damage
May 20, 2006
www.allcapsproductions.com
I was doing a set up on my blue les paul and realized the set of strings I had were acoustic strings, after I took the old ones off.

They are like .013's or something.

I went ahead and put them on because I don't want to have tension off the neck. You think the added tension from the bigger strings will hurt it for a couple of days?

Side effect.I like the bigger strings, the wound G (though you can't bend it for shit) and it sounds fantastic.

What gauge did you have on it before and what were you tuning it to? What are you tuning it to now with the acoustic strings?

If you had a lower gauge before and just want to maintain some tension you can tune the guitar lower. So if you had 10s in E standard before, you can tune to C standard or B and have roughly the same tension. If in the same situation you tune the guitar to E standard with the 13s, you will get serious forward bow to the neck (thus creating the reverse problem to no strings at all).

yes its safeish. your tone will be a little more less bright but they work fine. i had to do it for an interview before because i snapped a string. use at least 10's, anything lower i wouldn't recommend.

and dont ever put electric string on your acoustic unless you want to rip your bridge off