Quick Tour Update

Mr Samsara

Misanthropic Moderator
Jul 9, 2004
Carrying a Burden Inside
According to the band's official website Opeth.com:

"Note! Nevermore will join as the main support on the 26th of october in Chicago instead of the 24th as stated earlier. Pelican will be main support in Lawrence and Sauget."

Just an FYI for you kiddies..

Out.:devil:

I wish last night's show was Fireball Ministry, Nevermore, and Opeth. Ofcourse, it was just Pelican and Opeth.. But Pelican was still decent, and they put up with the crowd's bitching. It was really shitty how everyone yelled "Faggots!". But I guess it was funny when some dudes next to me screamed "YEAH! WEEZER!"

Agalloch said:
It really wouldn't have been, because Nevermore is a weak live band.

where did you see them? Nevermore blew me and my 2 friends away at Gigantour. sorry but they are far from weak. im glad they are playin with opeth, they fucking rule. my friend, who is into much heavier shit, was amazed by them and bought their album right after that, it takes a lot to impress him too. Nevermore kicks ass, i have to defend them cause dude, they rule.:loco:

xXBraveMurderDay said:
I wish last night's show was Fireball Ministry, Nevermore, and Opeth. Ofcourse, it was just Pelican and Opeth.. But Pelican was still decent, and they put up with the crowd's bitching. It was really shitty how everyone yelled "Faggots!". But I guess it was funny when some dudes next to me screamed "YEAH! WEEZER!"

Comparing Pelican to Weezer is perhaps the most ignorant thing Iv'e ever heard. Those guys are lucky I wasn't there because I would have beaten their asses.

I saw nevermore at the Metal & Hardcore Festival a few yrs ago & they rocked. I thought they were the best performers at the show.

Warrel Dane was pulling fans on stage so they could dive off. Excellent !!!

:headbang:

Count me in with the people who would rather see Pelican over Nevermore. It's still gonna be a great show at the Palladium, but I think it would be an awesome experience to see Pelican live. But I'd probably just end up getting pissed off if I had to listen to idiots heckle them the entire set.

How can anyone dislike Pelican? Given they aren't Nevemore, but they were Opeth's first choice of a support act. Our show has Into Eternity as the first opener, and as much as I LOVE IE, I've seen them 4 times this year, and 5 times total starting with Progpower last year. I want to hear new music from this band, and I would love to see Fireball Ministry again. Very different from the rest indeed, but they just remind me so much of Sabbath. I am glad Nevermore is on our date, however, they cancelled their headlining show here in August due to scheduling conflicts with Gigantour. Might as well put the bands with the biggest metal records of the year on the same bill, eh?