Quick update...Progpower to be our only show outside CA in 2012

nvandyk

Feb 11, 2002
Visit site
Hello folks! Nick here, just checking in. We're looking forward to Progpower this fall and hope to see many of you there -- this will be our only show in 2012 outside of California! Meanwhile, I was writing some new music but a recent operation on my index finger to cut out some skin cancer (itself a result of the medicines I'm on, most likely) has left me bandaged for a few weeks. So that's on hold until after our show, most likely, but I look forward to getting back into writing once I have the use of my hand!

Be well, and thanks as always for your interest and support!

I'm assuming you had a Moh's procedure? Sorry it has derailed writing, but I'm glad you got it taken care of. The tour news makes me especially glad that I am going to PP this year. All of you Redemption fans who don't live on the West Coast need to figure out a way to make it to Atlanta. It should be an amazing weekend of music. Nick, put on your fan hat for a moment: who are you looking forward to seeing?

I'm assuming you had a Moh's procedure? Sorry it has derailed writing, but I'm glad you got it taken care of. The tour news makes me especially glad that I am going to PP this year. All of you Redemption fans who don't live on the West Coast need to figure out a way to make it to Atlanta. It should be an amazing weekend of music. Nick, put on your fan hat for a moment: who are you looking forward to seeing?

I had a Moh's procedure, yes. Took them four passes! I was wondering if they were going to run out of finger! :)

Fan hat...fan hat...well, I always love seeing Symphony X. I think Pretty Maids could be interesting. Lastly, I could probably watch Amaranthe even if I'm unfamiliar with their music! Note to self: if Ray ever quits, replace him with a hot model. :)

Joking aside, we also enjoyed touring with Kingcrow so it will be good to see those guys again.

Fan hat...fan hat...well, I always love seeing Symphony X. I think Pretty Maids could be interesting. Lastly, I could probably watch Amaranthe even if I'm unfamiliar with their music! Note to self: if Ray ever quits, replace him with a hot model :) .

Ray better watch out. I like the way your mind works.

Since I can't make it to PP :cry:, I am SO hoping you're planning on another live recording (CD/DVD) of this show, Nick!! :worship:

Musically, Redemption, Symphony X and Kingcrow are the big draws for me. Beyond the Bridge's debut album blew me away, so they should be interesting to see in a live setting. With the recent announcement of Tommy K joining Kamelot, the Wed and Thur shows became more intriguing; he's one of my favorite vocalists.

I've recently been getting into Symphony X, so now I'm REALLY bummed about not being able to make it. Fingers crossed on a new live Redemption album/DVD!

I fully expect FULL details about the show immediately following!

I just took a week off work to join my son as one of the adult leaders with his Boy Scout troop to summer camp. I just can't do it, as much as I'd like to.

Nice buzz-kill, Pockets.

Maybe Nick will (fingers crossed) independently film or at least record audio for a live release.

The airfares to Atlanta from Down Under far exceed my paycheck I'm afraid so I second the call for a new DVD release when able ;) Otherwise hope the show goes well and glad to hear you're recovering Nick!