quick update......

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
for those who missed it...Hallows Eve cancelled. A new band is being talked to at this moment...2 more back up bands are also in line incase the first one falls through. Announcement will be made very quick once it is all done.

Pre-Party is looking more likely at The Mutiny so far. Talked to a few people..planning on maybe doing a Lock Down Bar and Grill meet up for those who are interested then heading over to the Pre party.

still one more mainstage act to announce and 2 second stage bands.

Also there is talk of a after party thing on the saturday night after the show. Last year everyone took off back to the hotels so this year Mike is trying to get everyone interested to move over to the Music Joint to hang out and stuff. There is talks of maybe having a band play a late set. more news to come..I know mike just wants to get the line up finalized before working on anything else.

also...would you like to see another band or just have it all social?

it could go two ways....getting another band to play..it would be a local or someone small. Would this turn you off from going next door to hang out and talk to everyone before heading back home or would you rather no band so it could be 100% social?

Last thing we would want is to get a band and have no one come over to watch them this late. let your voices be heard????

More bands = more potential reasons to go to the festival, for me

This is what Mike has said too...who could not want another band. I have a great band in mind...waiting for the dust to settle over the co-headling thing before it goes further.

There are a few options with this....do you want something fun in the vein of a classic act from Chicago.

A newer band from the area? or outlying area?

even a cover band? I saw a 80's metal band this summer who did Metal Church, Pretty Maids, Exodus and stuff. It could be a fun way to blow off steam after the show.

Hopefully this is something that will get people to stay and hang out after.

suggestions???

Maybe ask one of the local tribute bands if they would be willing to do it.
(IE - The Mob Rules could be cool, as they cover DIO's whole career,etc. Judas Beast do Priest and Maiden,etc)

I had another idea about having a record swap at the music joint Saturday afternoon before the fest starts. People could bring their records and CD's to trade. Kind of like metal market but without vendors.

would be hard since it is a restuarant. Plus the vendors will still be set up overnight so they wouldn't be able to get their stuff. Cool idea....would almost work better at the pre party to set up some tables for people looking to sell stuff...make it a metal market / pre party thing.