Quintessential metal album

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
The first albums you would recommend to someone from outer space who has never heard metal. It would have to be heavy yet accessible, yet really define what metalis about.

I think mine would be Priest's Screaming For Vengeance...or Queensryche's Operation:Mindcrime.

Well if they were from outer space, I would assume a higher level of intelligence, so I would play them Images and Words...... just before I killed them.... at which time I would play the song "its no fun being an illegal alien".........

Someone's gotta say it...

Number of The Beast would be my choice.

It's the album that set me down the path of metal when i was previously listening to shitty pop punk bollocks.

But then again, come to think of it. TDWOT would be a pretty good blend of heaviness with melody.

Someone's gotta say it...

Number of The Beast would be my choice.

It's the album that set me down the path of metal when i was previously listening to shitty pop punk bollocks.

But then again, come to think of it. TDWOT would be a pretty good blend of heaviness with melody.

Number of the Beast is a good choice. TDWOT is more of an acquired taste I think.

Well if they were from outer space, I would assume a higher level of intelligence, so I would play them Images and Words...... just before I killed them.... at which time I would play the song "its no fun being an illegal alien".........

Images and Words is BARELY metal...I wouldn't want another culture flying off saying this is metal.

giving any first time metal listener most anything prog is a bad idea. most of it is too hard to grasp on a first listen.

blind guardian- a twist in the myth
Maiden- brave new world
jorn- out to every nation
Sym X- Paradise lost (if it's too prog, i'll politely ask the alien to leave and never come back)
allen lande- the battle (people seem to respond well to this one for first timers)
Priest- screaming........ screaming for vengeance. hahhaaa

then i'd give them blotted science "the machinations of dimentia" and watch their alien heads explode.

definately no dream theater though. i can picture it now-

alien-"you all like a singer that can't sing... this is terrible. you must be the lowliest form of life i have ever come accross! you display no knowledge whatsoever. we have no choice but to enslave your entire race and kill all the attractive women. we will also drown puppies and kill kittens!!!"

...all because of DT

Listen to Wolf's Black Wings man!! great street level, good time metal!! I could've siad Maiden or Guardian or something,they all rule IMO but that album is insanely good and fun pure Metal