Quite possibly the greatest show ever!

Murfywat

New Metal Member
Apr 27, 2010
So I know this probably doesn't mean much to anyone, but last night was my first time seeing Amon Amarth live (4/26 in Springfield VA) and oh my god was it the greatest thing ever. As soon as they got on everyone pushed forward and made an interwoven mesh of people that was impossible to get into unless you were lucky enough like me and my friends to be sort of close to the very front allowing us to snake forward.

Well long story short, after finding a way to the very front right where the stage meets the area where patrons are allowed to stand, My friends and I constantly had Johan smacking hands with us as well as having olavi and johans guitars consistently in our faces wailing as they laughed at our air guitar attempts (by the way, Olavi's golden rune carved explorer is so damn amazing looking). Right before they finished their second to last song before the encore (And soon the world will cease to be) I started thinking of how awesome it would be to get Olavi's pick from the night to go with my new gibson explorer I recently purchased. Lo and behold, as soon as the song ended, Olavi walked up to me and my group and stuck out his hand with the pick, and my reaction time was probably some of the best it has ever been in my life.

So, I walked away that night with the pick Olavi used to play almost the entire set list :headbang:
2010042720124451.jpg

While it would have been nice to try and stay around out back hoping to meet them, it was raining and would have been a miserable wait to try and give something that may not have worked out a chance
:cry: But all in all, it was one of the best nights of my life.

Cool recap man. The AA boys seem to have that effect on a lot of people! Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, although it's probably impossible not to!