quote, some band member said this

rebirth

spacestation '76film
Apr 11, 2004
hell
"I remember wandering around the park behind Stadium, where we played a festival of which name I probably should not mention, and all I could hear from the distance was a mash of Metal/Industrial Goth/Speed Metal/Scream Metal the whole thing together and I thought to myself 'God this sounds like a generation of unrealised hopes and dreams of a million lost souls on the conveyor belt to musical hell. Why on earth would anyone pay to subject themselves to this aural displeasure?' It sucked to be me at that point."

Cut + Paste, Google and about 30 seconds tell me it's some tosser from Wolfmother.

Who cares what this guy thinks, frankly?

That's what happens when Guitar World starts doing ten page interviews and shit on your band...I think they sign an agreement saying when GW starts kissing your ass, you are obliged to start sucking.

NM not included.

That's what happens when Guitar World starts doing ten page interviews and shit on your band...I think they sign an agreement saying when GW starts kissing your ass, you are obliged to start sucking.

NM not included.
I think it's more like once a band reaches GW, everyone else is obliged to start thinking they suck.

Occasionally, they do some cool stuff like the Emperor interview, but I'm definitely not one to think a band automatically sucks just because they get exposure. However, it seems like the exposure is being placed upon the wrong bands.

Don't forget Jimi Hendrix. GW is run by a bunch of old farts, that's about it. They'll throw in a shred of something new just to keep sales above sea level, but usually they don't know who the fuck they're talking to anyway.

Bottom line with mainstream media is $$$$$$$$$$$$$

And besides, if enough people like these bands enough for the big mags to keep featuring them, what difference does it make and how does it affect you personally?

(I only ask you these things because I know you're capable of a legitimate answer.)

It affects me personally because I'd like to see more diverse bands covered in these instructional magazines. How many times must they tab out Cliffs of Dover?

this reminds me of last time I saw Nevermore live, before the show I see Jim walking out of an elevator, happily talking on the top of his lungs.... "and then we walked straight into a LESBIAN PARTY" followed by horrified faces from anyone that wasn't already talking to him

That Emperor issue was grand...they tabbed out Curse You All Men, I believe. I thought it was a turning point and got really excited, only to be let down by Jimi Hendrix, EVH, and Jimmy Page every other month. I didn't renew my subscription.

It affects me personally because I'd like to see more diverse bands covered in these instructional magazines. How many times must they tab out Cliffs of Dover?
Unfortunately, diversity doesn't = $$$$$

You nailed it in your other post... although I'm not sure they're all technically "old farts", but I'm sure most of the people employed at that rag know everything about getting their product into peoples' hands and nothing about the things and bands featured withiin their product.

I think that stressing, worrying, and/or complaining about things like this is only detrimental to a person's attitude and opinion because it's never going to change and this will inevitably lead to nothing but more overall bitterness. It's better to accept it and move on. I say, let the people that love Guitar World or anything else that features supposedly shitty mainstream bands have it. They made their own beds, now let them lie in it. For us smarter folk, we have nice king size beds of QUALITY that we get to sleep in every night. Why bother ourselves with the cheap, easy to digest cardboard boxes that the sheep sleep on? This is allzimsayinyo.

But you see, GW used to be the Master of Puppets of guitar mags...it is now the St. Anger. Found a great vid for you, Shpongled. This will put it in perspective. Similar analogy...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOutlPsvFVE&feature=related[/ame]