To Everyone on the East Coast... This years NE Metalfest... Some bands confirmed

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
2005 FEST::
MassConcerts is proud to announce that the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival will return once again to the Palladium in Worcester, Mass., on Friday April 22, Saturday April 23 and Sunday April 24. Single day tickets are $35.00 per day. Three-day passes are $99. Tickets go on sale this Friday, January 28 at all Strawberries Record Stores, online at tickets.com, or by calling tickets.com at (800) 477-6849.

Now in its seventh year, the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival has been lauded as one of the best heavy music festivals in the United States. "If you decide to go to only one fest this year, this should be it,” Revolver magazine wrote. Last year’s festival sold out more than two weeks before the show and was the subject of features on Fuse TV’s “Uranium,” MTV2’s “Headbanger’s Ball,” and Sirius Satellite Radio’s “Hard Attack.” The LIVE DVD of last year’s fest will be released soon.

This year’s line-up looks to be the biggest yet with Hatebreed, Unearth and Obituary confirmed as headliners for Friday night. Saturday’s headliners will include Nightwish, Chimaira and Cryptopsy. Sunday’s headliners will include King Diamond, Nile and Soilwork. Also appearing (in alphabetical order) are A Life Once Lost, All Shall Perish, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Blood Has Been Shed, Bury Your Dead, Dark Tranquility, Darkest Hour, Evergreen Terrace, Full Blown Chaos, Glass Casket, Hypocrisy, If Hope Dies, Internal Bleeding, Ion Dissonance, It Dies Today, Kylesa, Maroon, Misery Signals, Mnemic, Premonitions Of War, Pro-Pain, Red Chord, Reflux, Remembering Never, Scurvy, Sonatarctica, Stemm, Strapping Young Lad, The Acacia Strain, The Agony Scene, The Esoteric, The Killing, The Minor Times, Throwdown, Trivium, Winter Solstice and many more to be added. Talent is subject to change.

The show will once again take place on the two stages in the Palladium. This year there will once again be a film crew recording every second of action on the stage and behind the scenes for another LIVE DVD. Record labels, vendors, and record distributors will set up shop in the balcony of the upstairs room. Sponsors this year include Prosthetic Records who is sponsoring the 2nd Stage upstairs, Revolver Magazine, Metal Maniacs Magazine, Relapse Records, Mazur PR, The Syndicate and many others.

www.metalandhardcorefestival.com

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

I am so there

heres the breakdown by day, taken from the Dark Tranquillity board... looks like the first day is the one to skip:
:: 7th Annual New England Metal And Hardcore Festival Schedule :::

As we get closer to the event we will have set times but for now here is an ALPHABETICAL list of bands divided by day. More bands to be added.

:::FRIDAY APRIL 22:::
DOORS OPEN AT 3:00PM

All That Remains
As I Lay dying
Hatebreed
Ion Dissonance
Kylesa
Obituary
Premonitions Of War
Remembering Never
Scurvy
The Acacia Strain
The Minor Times
Throwdown
Unearth
Winter Solstice

:::SATURDAY APRIL 23:::
DOORS OPEN AT 12:00PM

A Life Once Lost
Blood Has Been Shed
Bury Your Dead
Chimaira
Cryptopsy
Darkest Hour
Glass Casket
If Hope Dies
It Dies Today
Maroon
Misery Signals
Nightwish
Red Chord
Reflux
Sonatarctica
Stemm
Strapping Young Lad
The Agony Scene
The Esoteric
The Killing
Trivium

:::SUNDAY APRIL 24:::
DOORS OPEN AT 1:00PM

All Shall Perish
Behemoth
Black Dahlia Murder
Dark Tranquility
Evergreen Terrace
Full Blown Chaos
Hypocrisy
Internal Bleeding
King Diamond
Nile
Mnemic
Pro-Pain
Soilwork

All That Remains= awesome band live
As I Lay dying= saw them too they were good, I was drunk though
Hatebreed= suck my balls
Ion Dissonance= dont know
Kylesa= dontknow
Obituary=HOLY SHIT!!!!! Must see
Premonitions Of War= good band live
Remembering Never= assholes , didnt like them
Scurvy= dont know
The Acacia Strain=dont know
The Minor Times= dont know
Throwdown= suck
Unearth= I love these guys
Winter Solstice= dont know

:::SATURDAY APRIL 23:::
DOORS OPEN AT 12:00PM

A Life Once Lost=suck
Blood Has Been Shed= Howard jones rocks
Bury Your Dead= suck
Chimaira=ehhhhh suck
Cryptopsy= hell yeah
Darkest Hour= hell yeah
Glass Casket= not bad have acouple good songs
If Hope Dies=ehh no
It Dies Today= see above
Maroon= no
Misery Signals= not impressed
Nightwish= cool, I def watch them
Red Chord= suck
Reflux = suck
Sonatarctica =OMG, I LOVE THESE GUYS, would pay just to see them
Stemm=ehhh no
Strapping Young Lad= fucking a
The Agony Scene= dont know
The Esoteric=dont know
The Killing=dont know
Trivium= I like em, their not bad

:::SUNDAY APRIL 24:::
DOORS OPEN AT 1:00PM

All Shall Perish=ehh no
Behemoth = def must see
Black Dahlia Murder= oh hell yeah
Dark Tranquility= orgasms now, that means yes
Evergreen Terrace=suck dick
Full Blown Chaos=ehhh okay
Hypocrisy= ohhh yeahh
Internal Bleeding= ehh no
King Diamond= sweet mother of god, that means yes
Nile= pretty cool
Mnemic= I like these guys
Pro-Pain= good ol hardcore , their not bad
Soilwork[/QUOTE]= I love soilwork

Eh, as always some good bands and an unspeakable amount of total shit. I would love to see Nile/SYL/etc. but I think we're just going to catch DT, Soilwork, and Hypocrisy in Hartford on April 31st.

looks shitty. i'd rather spend my money for watching the bands i want to see in a venue small enough for me to get barfed on by the vocalist... plus, with good set times, instead of the usual 25 min a set

wow i didn't know stemm is still going around til i saw this.
after listening to them again they aren't bad, for what they are.
but yeah overall its not a bad line up, but i abstain from festivals where i don't like most of the bands. bsides its too far away!

overall most of these bands have a few good songs that i can tolerate and shit, but not worth seeing live. and the bands i wanna see on that list i'd wanna see a full 45+ min set not a 30min piece of shit.

hmm day two and three seem pretty good to me... and keep in mind that more bands are gonna be added, so theres a chance for more good ones...

Day three especially yay

Maryland Death Fest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> New England Metal and Hardcore Fest

I command those who go to Maryland Death Fest to acquire me pictures of Ghoul live in performance.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Hell yes. We shall gather a band, NAY, a caravan of people to attend this years Death Fest in Triumphant glory.

You guys suck, alot of you could drive 5 hours or so and see each other but I would have to fly across the whole country. New Mexico sucks. Not that old Mexico was any better. :D

All That Remains
As I Lay dying
Hatebreed
Ion Dissonance
Obituary
Premonitions Of War
Throwdown
Unearth
Winter Solstice
Blood Has Been Shed
Bury Your Dead
Cryptopsy
Glass Casket
If Hope Dies
Red Chord
Reflux
Strapping Young Lad
All Shall Perish
Behemoth
Dark Tranquility
Full Blown Chaos
Hypocrisy
Internal Bleeding
Nile
Pro-Pain

Max: all of those are worth going for !!!

have fun!!!!

Some good bands like SYL, Nile, Hypocrisy thrown in with dozens upon dozens of utter shit bands. Why is metalcore still around? Oh yea, because emo fags now think they are tough.