A bit early, but New England Metalfest roll call?

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
Everyone on the east coast should go... taken from www.metalandhardcorefestival.com:
2005 FEST::
MassConcerts is proud to announce that the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival will return once again to the Palladium in Worcester, Mass., on Friday April 22, Saturday April 23 and Sunday April 24. Single day tickets are $35.00 per day. Three-day passes are $99. Tickets go on sale this Friday, January 28 at all Strawberries Record Stores, online at tickets.com, or by calling tickets.com at (800) 477-6849.

Now in its seventh year, the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival has been lauded as one of the best heavy music festivals in the United States. "If you decide to go to only one fest this year, this should be it,” Revolver magazine wrote. Last year’s festival sold out more than two weeks before the show and was the subject of features on Fuse TV’s “Uranium,” MTV2’s “Headbanger’s Ball,” and Sirius Satellite Radio’s “Hard Attack.” The LIVE DVD of last year’s fest will be released soon.

This year’s line-up looks to be the biggest yet with Hatebreed, Unearth and Obituary confirmed as headliners for Friday night. Saturday’s headliners will include Nightwish, Chimaira and Cryptopsy. Sunday’s headliners will include King Diamond, Nile and Soilwork. Also appearing (in alphabetical order) are A Life Once Lost, All Shall Perish, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, Blood Has Been Shed, Bury Your Dead, Dark Tranquility, Darkest Hour, Evergreen Terrace, Full Blown Chaos, Glass Casket, Hypocrisy, If Hope Dies, Internal Bleeding, Ion Dissonance, It Dies Today, Kylesa, Maroon, Misery Signals, Mnemic, Premonitions Of War, Pro-Pain, Red Chord, Reflux, Remembering Never, Scurvy, Sonatarctica, Stemm, Strapping Young Lad, The Acacia Strain, The Agony Scene, The Esoteric, The Killing, The Minor Times, Throwdown, Trivium, Winter Solstice and many more to be added. Talent is subject to change.

The show will once again take place on the two stages in the Palladium. This year there will once again be a film crew recording every second of action on the stage and behind the scenes for another LIVE DVD. Record labels, vendors, and record distributors will set up shop in the balcony of the upstairs room. Sponsors this year include Prosthetic Records who is sponsoring the 2nd Stage upstairs, Revolver Magazine, Metal Maniacs Magazine, Relapse Records, Mazur PR, The Syndicate and many others.

Holy shit, this is going to be amazing.

Heres the breakdown by day... looks like the first day is the one to skip (a shame obituary arent on one of the other days)

:: 7th Annual New England Metal And Hardcore Festival Schedule :::

As we get closer to the event we will have set times but for now here is an ALPHABETICAL list of bands divided by day. More bands to be added.

:::FRIDAY APRIL 22:::
DOORS OPEN AT 3:00PM

All That Remains
As I Lay dying
Hatebreed
Ion Dissonance
Kylesa
Obituary
Premonitions Of War
Remembering Never
Scurvy
The Acacia Strain
The Minor Times
Throwdown
Unearth
Winter Solstice

:::SATURDAY APRIL 23:::
DOORS OPEN AT 12:00PM

A Life Once Lost
Blood Has Been Shed
Bury Your Dead
Chimaira
Cryptopsy
Darkest Hour
Glass Casket
If Hope Dies
It Dies Today
Maroon
Misery Signals
Nightwish
Red Chord
Reflux
Sonatarctica
Stemm
Strapping Young Lad
The Agony Scene
The Esoteric
The Killing
Trivium

:::SUNDAY APRIL 24:::
DOORS OPEN AT 1:00PM

All Shall Perish
Behemoth
Black Dahlia Murder
Dark Tranquility
Evergreen Terrace
Full Blown Chaos
Hypocrisy
Internal Bleeding
King Diamond
Nile
Mnemic
Pro-Pain
Soilwork

wow, this is a 3-day fest now? that's a lot of hardcore punks & metalheads calling in sick on the monday after.

btw, The Esoteric from Lawrence, Kansas are awesome so try to check them out. ex-Coalesce and ex-Today is the Day people.

yeah, the show here is amorphis/beyond the embrace/into eternity, and i think another band... Into eternity is like a completely new band now though, switched a lot of the members. I heard the new vocalists old band though, he seems cool. Much more halford-ish than the last guy, good scream/growl too

BalanceofPower said:
Into Eternity is on that tour? Man I hope they come to Chicago I love that band.

Yeah, and of course they're not on the date we're playing. I was disappointed.

EDIT: for the record, we're playing in Hartford, CT not in MA (though i'll probably be at the MA show to see Into Eternity.)

The rest of that tour is with them, as far as I know, check the Amorphis site for dates.

Here's the ticket info:
Single day tickets are $35.00 per day. Three-day passes are $99. Tickets go on sale Friday, January 28 at all Strawberries Record Stores, online at tickets.com, or by calling tickets.com at (800) 477-6849.