R.I.P. Chester Bennington.

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada
I may get shit for posting this, but if you ain't got anything worth saying to this just keep it to yourself please, anyways Chester Bennington of Linkin Park has commit suicide. R.I.P.

As much as they aren't really metal. It sucks because back in my teen years this was the band to listen too and it was definitely a gateway for bigger and better things when it came to music for me. I'm sure I ain't the only one here that it's hit the feels a bit.

Just sucks all around this on Chris Cornell's birthday of all days... :(

Linkin Park was never a gateway band for me, and I don't know much about Chester but from reading his wikipedia article it sounds like he had a pretty miserable life. Listening to that song in light of his suicide is rather melancholic. Not gonna mock anyone who admits to having nostalgic (or any other) affection for their music.

I bet Yoda is in mourning. He is probably 15 deep into a 30 rack of Keystone Light and already through half a case of Hot Pockets.

I can hear him playing Rollin' on repeat

I don't mind Linkin Park's first EP and album. The rap is a lot better than what other nu metal bands were doing at the time, though the likes of Limp Bizkit didn't exactly set a high bar.

Somehow from there they slipped into being the next Coldplay as far as I can tell. Still, it sucks to see anyone go out this way.

i never liked them but if serj tankian or dexter holland ever die i'll be lighting a candle bitches

i-dont-always-cry-but-when-i-do-its-because-angels-deserve-to-die.jpg

Chances are his children are at a high risk of also having depression so I hope this horrible example energizes their mother into making sure they get the help they might need.

Studies show that you are 3 times more likely to have depression if a parent of yours has it.

R.I.P.

Listened to a few of his songs after hearing about it, it was all there in the lyrics,like Chris Cornell. I wonder how many other artists are showing those same warning signs. Too many drugs amplified his depression, didn't allow him to think clearly. He should have thought of his children before committing to that.